INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here it is now. It's moving and I did dampen the membrane but it still looks kind of dark. It pipped yesterday at 2pm.

ALSO.... I have chick number 2
congrats!!!!

yep it does, think gonna leave the brooding to the hens in the spring or have to get different incubator, this one has given me nothing but trouble even having the circulating air

Thanks
what bator is it??? some of the styros have very touchy thermostats, you can switch them out with digital there are links to the posts where there are discussions and the schems on it. let me know if you have interest. also I am firm on coolerbators love them!

One of my chicks isn't drying after 8 hours now. Should I take it out and wipe it off and put back in or leave until I out it in the brooder?
I wonder why I didnt see and dew on your window ambe ??? its not on a sponge?

I didn't want to cut into the membrane without knowing if I was going to sever a blood vessel. I didn't intend for the holes to get that big, but the shells are rather brittle and flaky. You told me what I shouldn't have done, which is great information for future reference, but the question remains... should I (now) make a hole in the membrane? I think the chicks would like to take a nice breath of air... but I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination. Help... pweeese???
omeeegerded!!!! I am talkin just take the tippy tippy tip of a tweezers and flick a flick in just to open it where the pip center is, a small teeny tiny bit like pencil tip NOT a QUARTER INCH!!!!
th.gif

Sorry, sc... you two act so much alike, it's easy to get y'all mixed up.
gig.gif

Oooooohhhhh...
lau.gif
sorry??? smak im back!!
smack.gif

Yes I do have a fan. I wasn't sure if it was to high.

What are your thoughts on the pipped egg I dampened the membrane? Should I leave it or do I need to do something?
had it started chirping like mad again in the past 6 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom