INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@hippiestink I am sorry about Baby, I'm glad you found a pretty hen you liked. Though having just finished the hassle of quarantine on the two eight week old cockerels who are the only two 'older' outsiders I am adding to my new flock, I don't envy you.

Oh quarantine and integration is a special kind of hell, I'm with you on that one.

Cleaning the house so I'm off and on. I need to make some coffee or something, I'm really tired from work and doing garden stuff and harvesting the shepherd's purse. We bought a new French press and it's probably the easiest and tastiest coffee I've ever had. And I lived off black coffee through my last year in college.

Quote:
Here are a couple pics of my homemade bator.
I hope they uploaded correctly, lol! My brother wired everything up for me. This is my second batch to hatch out. The first one was with a Styrofoam cooler with no thermostat. I had a 50% hatch rate. I'm addicted now!
@Nannie B VERY NICE!!! If you still have too much variance, a few suggestions..... you can move the fan back more so it blows just a bit in front of the lights and a bit more under them, this will send the heat all around better, ALSO SEE BELOW NOTES>>>>>>> not sure of the location of your sensor?

s-l1600.jpg

STC-1000 Digital Temperature Controller Thermostat w/ Sensor AC 110V Ebay CLICK HERE
Wiring diagrams for the STC1000 CLICK HERE, CLICK HERE & CLICK HERE
STC Product Manual 121k .pdf file
Quote:
Docooler
00ae.png
Digital Temperature Controller Thermocouple with Sensor
CLICK HERE
Hello, Darlin'
hugs.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif

Tell your friend if they want to buy the materials you'll be happy to use them :lol:
No kidding. I would love that.How much easier it would be to with new and correct materials instead of having to piecemeal and try to make things work. It would look nicer and take less time. Ah well, it is better to be grateful for what I have.

No kidding. I would love that.How much easier it would be to with new and correct materials instead of having to piecemeal and try to make things work. It would look nicer and take less time. Ah well, it is better to be grateful for what I have.
Sure it takes a little extra time but my wallet appreciates it.

I know my siding is funny, but I got the siding for an 8x10 shed from Lowes, and made it work for mine, but there was two patterns. I paid $25 for the shed without hardware and then sold the frame for $25. Free siding! Heck it is a coop after all.
That works. I tend to reuse things over and over. Any wood that is no longer usable goes into the hugelcultur bed.

That's why I try to buy only the cull lumber from HD it's 70% off and it's for a bunch of chickens........they don't need the expensive stuff.
Lowe's by my house has the cull lumber at 50% off but if it stays there over a month, you can make an offer.
They have about 8 pallets of it out there now and lots of stuff I need.

If I lived where my neighbors had a better look at my buildings, I'd try to make them prettier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom