INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It had been my intention to allow her to raise her chicks... Not kill. I would try to reuse them but she has started caring for her other chicks---- its just the one chick she hurt
Than you can try to reintroduce it in the middle of the night when she's sleeping on the best with the other chicks. But make sure to be there first thing when she wakes up to make sure she doesn't try to kill it again.

That is such a shame the hen was so dedicated to sitting on those eggs, I had to force feed get as she never left. Now I dont know what to do.... I named the chick Nando. Poor Nando D:
I really need advice what do I do?!
Thank you for helping me

Last edited:
That is such a shame the hen was so dedicated to sitting on those eggs, I had to force feed get as she never left. Now I dont know what to do.... I named the chick Nando. Poor Nando D:
Thank you for helping me

Can't you hand raise it? Do you have a brooder?

Thank you for helping me

It would be extremely unusual for a hen to need force feeding. Unless you sit there all day long, you don't know if she doesn't come off the nest. They don't necessarily come off every day, but they won't starve themselves to death. When I put a broody in her own apartment with fresh bedding, I can tell how often she comes off to defecate, eat and drink. It is usually once a day but not always.

I haven't been on in a while. What is the problem?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom