INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone! Happy Boxing day! I hear chirping louder than the fan!!! Still no pipping, but I know they are alive!
wee.gif

Can everyone remember their very first hatch? Is it always this scary? Or does it get easier?

First Hatch?! Bet you are excited all right! Always a bit scary when you go into lock down. Good luck, waiting for those photos!

Good morning everyone!  Happy Boxing day!  I hear chirping louder than the fan!!!  Still no pipping, but I know they are alive!  :weee

Can everyone remember their very first hatch?  Is it always this scary?  Or does it get easier?

Can't remember the 1st; it was 30 years ago; only been one since, though.  I hear it gets easier, for some of us, anyway.

Especially if you are a chicken...

Well the two light browns still had big blood veins.all the olives risk about those
If you see big veins, then the chicks are not ready to hatch just yet. They will absorb the yolk, pull the blood out of the veins, and only then will they try to hatch out. If you're leaving to go away for a week, you should either turn off the incubator and toss the eggs in the woods for the critters to eat, or find someone who can look after any chicks that might possibly have survived. After that, you should take a nice long break from incubating eggs, and perhaps try again in the spring or summer. You're making too many mistakes, and worrying far too much to be trying to hatch eggs right now. I think you... and when I say you, I mean we... need a break. Have a safe trip, CH.

If you see big veins, then the chicks are not ready to hatch just yet. They will absorb the yolk, pull the blood out of the veins, and only then will they try to hatch out. If you're leaving to go away for a week, you should either turn off the incubator and toss the eggs in the woods for the critters to eat, or find someone who can look after any chicks that might possibly have survived. After that, you should take a nice long break from incubating eggs, and perhaps try again in the spring or summer. You're making too many mistakes, and worrying far too much to be trying to hatch eggs right now. I think you... and when I say you, I mean we... need a break. Have a safe trip, CH.
goodpost.gif
thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom