INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have tracked the fox but my hunting dog tore something in his back leg and just had surgery and isn't allowed out of the kennel.

I'm pretty mad right now, a fox decided to go into the baby chicken tractor and get all 6. Or at least I can't find any of them. The fox also got in with the big chickens and a couple I can't find, but 5 have come back. We shot at the fox but it ran.
hugs.gif
Thats horrible!!!

Guess what I want to know is do you guys think IF it only seems to spike AFTER I hand turn them (for a few mins) should I stay calm&hatch on?
It makes sense. When you open it the temperature drops and then the heat element is energized to bring the temp back up. That will register on your thermometer as a temporary spike. However, the internal egg temperature changes much more slowly.

Have you ever traveled I-70 in OH ( I think, maybe IN ) and seen the "windmill farm" ? I find it fascinating; windmills on both sides about as far as you can see!
Not since the farm was installed. I've been involved in installing 3 windmills here in MO. They are all on ridge tops.
The most impressive one I've seen is on high ground surrounding Lake Arenal. Supposedly one of the windiest areas on earth.
This is one of 4 farms surrounding the lake.

Lake Arenal is at the base of The arenal volcano and is the #1 windsurfing location in Central America.

A truck driver relies heavily on their dispatcher. When I dispatcher gives directions, and they are not suitable for trucks or that particular load, it's the driver that has to figure things out. A truck carrying one of the blades got stuck nearby, and was blocking traffic for almost a day. Apparently, the four wheelers were refusing to move, and the police were making it worse.

A truck driver relies heavily on their dispatcher. When I dispatcher gives directions, and they are not suitable for trucks or that particular load, it's the driver that has to figure things out. A truck carrying one of the blades got stuck nearby, and was blocking traffic for almost a day. Apparently, the four wheelers were refusing to move, and the police were making it worse.
Not far from here there's a place where one road goes under another, and the short 'tunnel' is fairly low. For over a year trucks kept getting stuck under it. Looks like the word would've gotten out among the trucking community not to go that way.

Not far from here there's a place where one road goes under another, and the short 'tunnel' is fairly low. For over a year trucks kept getting stuck under it. Looks like the word would've gotten out among the trucking community not to go that way.

It is frightening how many things do not get passed on regardless of how important they are.

i came upon a low boy stuck on the center crest of a street in Frederick one morning; I bet that got interesting before it was over.

Wildest one i ever witnessed happened while I was working on the 3rd floor of the Census Bureau in a DC suburb. My office overlooked the loading dock, and there was a catwalk that the trucks had to back under before they reached the dock. A driver backed his load up to the dock, got unloaded, and started pulling out. Without the weight of the load, his trailer rode just enough higher that it hit the bottom of that catwalk; peeling the top of the trailer back like a sardine can before the poor driver realized what was happening. I bet he had fun explaining that one.

morning Sallys thread, I have a question please. I had sticky chicks pretty bad last 2 hatches. Havent figured it out yet. Til, someone reminded me I am storing my eggs improperly . I was going to set them but I wonder if it is a waste of time ? I have had them in a basket on my counter top 10 days being the oldest without turning . My house is kept fairly cool. about 70 degrees. Would you set them ?

morning Sallys thread, I have a question please. I had sticky chicks pretty bad last 2 hatches. Havent figured it out yet. Til, someone reminded me I am storing my eggs improperly . I was going to set them but I wonder if it is a waste of time ? I have had them in a basket on my counter top 10 days being the oldest without turning . My house is kept fairly cool. about 70 degrees. Would you set them ?
Hey, granny
frow.gif
Good to see you.
The situation isn't exactly ideal, but what have you got to lose, except a few omelettes?

Dispatching 5 skinny Roos today. Wish they were fatter but I tried. We will eat them anyway. QUESTION: if I want to go ahead and butcher them down and debone them, do I need to wait three days for rigor to pass or can I go ahead and do it when I clean them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom