Incubating Washed & Refrigerated Eggs

The cracked egg is still plugging along. I saw a recommendation on here for painting the crack with liquid bandage, so I got some today and applied it (I've tried nail polish before without success). The crack is much more extensive than I originally thought, though, encompassing more than half the egg.:hmm

C8E71E4A-EAAD-4625-BA6B-971000AF8C92.jpeg

Just over a week to go until hatch...we'll see how it fares.:fl

The cracked egg is still plugging along. I saw a recommendation on here for painting the crack with liquid bandage, so I got some today and applied it (I've tried nail polish before without success). The crack is much more extensive than I originally thought, though, encompassing more than half the egg.:hmm

View attachment 1730974

Just over a week to go until hatch...we'll see how it fares.:fl
Ive never tried that, ive used beeswax and candle wax before and gotten some to hatch so yours has a chance!

Yeah, I've tried beeswax and nail polish. I never had any success with cracked eggs till I started using liquid skin/liquid bandage. I'm not sure if it is the antiseptic properties but that can't hurt.
I actually dropped an egg half way through incubation. At least 1/3 of the egg was covered in cracks. I thought if it developed, it may have trouble getting out. But it went from no pips in the evening to hatching overnight running around with the other chicks the next morning.

Back
Top Bottom