Incubating White Chinese Goose egg

JacksFarmNGardn

Songster
8 Years
Dec 26, 2015
New York
So I made a homemade incubator for chicken eggs. I set 7, and on day 7 I moved them into my friends Hovabator because I got worried about temps. I had a 106 spike for 2 hrs when it got warm out and cause the warm house to raise my incubator temp. I have 2 days left on those eggs. Another part of why I moved them,is that I didn't want to jeopardize any not hatching, as I paid for those eggs. I don't have hens laying. Anyways,my friends chinese white goose started laying eggs. They were checked and are fertile,but is letting me set one when she gets it wednesday. She has to fill another order first.

So I would like to know any tips or information that might help me successfully hatch this egg. She has tried for 3 yrs,and has only gotten as far as pipping,but yolks never got absorbed. Thanks!

So I made a homemade incubator for chicken eggs. I set 7, and on day 7 I moved them into my friends Hovabator because I got worried about temps. I had a 106 spike for 2 hrs when it got warm out and cause the warm house to raise my incubator temp. I have 2 days left on those eggs. Another part of why I moved them,is that I didn't want to jeopardize any not hatching, as I paid for those eggs. I don't have hens laying. Anyways,my friends chinese white goose started laying eggs. They were checked and are fertile,but is letting me set one when she gets it wednesday. She has to fill another order first.

So I would like to know any tips or information that might help me successfully hatch this egg. She has tried for 3 yrs,and has only gotten as far as pipping,but yolks never got absorbed. Thanks!
I refer everyone to this thread since I don't use a bator..https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/491013/goose-incubation-hatching-guide-completed and maybe @jchny2000 will have some tips too since she does use a bator.

The things I have learned is keeping the eggs on their sides is important, as well as good humidity. The link you posted I follow as well. I have tried hatching upright, they just don't hatch as well.

Thanks to you both! I did see that thread already! I have googled as mych as I could,but hope i can get some more tips here. I'll be setting my incubator up tomorrow,when i get done with weekly errands. I'll have 2 days test run and tweaking.thanks!

Sorry to report,day 6,i posted asking if what i candled,looked like a blood ring. It did look like one. I left it for another 2 days, today it doesnt look like a ring but that it's just dead. There's random read spots and no veining. I pulled it this morn and will eggtopsy later. No idea why it quit,everytbing looked great at day 4. I candled when i turned it in the incubator. I know over handling can cause problems but i have to turn it anyways,and my hands are always just washed.

OH am so sorry to hear. Early in the season, the embryos are not as strong. That may be the reason. Would you neighbor possibly give you a few more to try?

I think it was the second week she was getting eggs. As for trying more, she traded some and is selling others. She also has some in her incubator,so i'll see how hers do. I think i'm done trying to hatch. I'm gonna be getting meatie chicks at tsc,they should be in within the week,and i'd rather just wait until mine start laying and hatch out my own.

Any ideas what went wrong? Yolk is kinda milky looking.we couldnt even see an embryo. 8 days,youd think there'd be something in there instead of just blood spots.

Back
Top Bottom