Incubator for hatching goose eggs.

NevadaEmma

Songster
Mar 24, 2021
I have a Nurture Right 360 incubator that I use for my chicken eggs. This is my third attempt in two years to hatch goose eggs. The first attempt only one hatched out of 6; I did not assist it. The second attempt I had four beautiful little chicks. I do think that I had to assist one or more of the chicks.

This year so far I have hatched one chick. It started pipping Sunday. The membrane that was showing seemed to change color and when I opened it to take a look today, it appeared to be very tough. I peeled off some of the shell revealing the white membrane.

My question is does the fan in the Nurture Right 360 dry out the membrane before the chick has a chance to recover its' strength?

In your third sentence, do you mean you hatched 4 goslings?

Goslings take longer to go from pip to hatch than chicks so, so if you haven't already read Pete55's article on incubating goose eggs, you'll find it helpful to do so. Goose eggshells and membranes are very tough, but under normal circumstances, a gosling should be able to get through both.

I hatch a lot of goose eggs during the season, but I don't use a Nurture Right incubator. I chose the ones I use for the additional height they offer so that the heating element isn't too close to the eggs.

In your third sentence, do you mean you hatched 4 goslings?

Goslings take longer to go from pip to hatch than chicks so, so if you haven't already read Pete55's article on incubating goose eggs, you'll find it helpful to do so. Goose eggshells and membranes are very tough, but under normal circumstances, a gosling should be able to get through both.

I hatch a lot of goose eggs during the season, but I don't use a Nurture Right incubator. I chose the ones I use for the additional height they offer so that the heating element isn't too close to the eggs.
Thank you for responding. Do you have any recommendations of a goose egg incubator. Yes the head room is not great in the 360? I have a heat plate warmer ready in a cozy brooder to move the goslings as they are ready to move if things get too crowded, but so far I have not had that problem.

Attachments

• 4 goslings 1 week old.jpg
    4 goslings 1 week old.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom