Incubator has 4 eggs that look to have 4 baby Silkies..

My 4 silkie eggs have externally pipped now I was up at 2:30 and checked on them. I am not sure what my humidity should be ? It's at 65% now do you think that is ok?
@DWilkins congratulations on the new babies, Def show pictures when you can. My mama silkie that I let have two eggs the one egg smelled and the other one was fully developed but was dead in shell when I checked them on hatch day. I had to make her get off the nest. She seems ok to be out with the rooster again. I think he was lonely waiting for her. =-O

Yes... 65 % is good! Sorry I read this so late... been painting all weekend... ugh...How are the hatchlings? We still have one egg that may or may not hatch...today is the 21st day,so we will give it a few days yet as I don't give up on anything :) I will definitely get some pics.. They are under a heat lamp so the pictures have a red tint.. LOL

They are so cute to watch! hahaha! They are so sleepy...they will stand up and start falling asleep,then catch themselves doing it.They look like tiny drunks stumbling lol..Or one will be wide awake and wants to keep the others up too.So entertaining!

We made sure to "dip" them a few times and they already scratch for food.The heat lamp is about 92 degrees and they seem just fine with that temp.Not all bunched up nor are they panting. So.. other then keeping them from getting chilled...are we doing everything correctly?

Last edited:
PS.....I am a grandmother of a 22 month old and 4 month old...I think I was up checking on my baby chicks as many times as I would on my grandbabies! hahaha!

Yes... 65 % is good! Sorry I read this so late... been painting all weekend... ugh...How are the hatchlings? We still have one egg that may or may not hatch...today is the 21st day,so we will give it a few days yet as I don't give up on anything :) I will definitely get some pics.. They are under a heat lamp so the pictures have a red tint.. LOL

They are so cute to watch! hahaha! They are so sleepy...they will stand up and start falling asleep,then catch themselves doing it.They look like tiny drunks stumbling lol..Or one will be wide awake and wants to keep the others up too.So entertaining!

We made sure to "dip" them a few times and they already scratch for food.The heat lamp is about 92 degrees and they seem just fine with that temp.Not all bunched up nor are they panting. So.. other then keeping them from getting chilled...are we doing everything correctly?
Thanks for the reply, the 4 Silkie chicks are doing good, they hatched out perfectly. the egg shells were nice and clean when they were done. Chirping and talking to each other. I let them dry off and put them in the brooder under a red heat lamp, food and water also. they are very sleepy though too, just like you mentioned walk a bit and fall asleep. they are so cute too, mine will be all white. just love the silkies they are adorable.

PS.....I am a grandmother of a 22 month old and 4 month old...I think I was up checking on my baby chicks as many times as I would on my grandbabies! hahaha!
So now you need a bumper sticker that says let me tell you about my Silkies :lau

Thanks for the reply, the 4 Silkie chicks are doing good, they hatched out perfectly. the egg shells were nice and clean when they were done. Chirping and talking to each other. I let them dry off and put them in the brooder under a red heat lamp, food and water also. they are very sleepy though too, just like you mentioned walk a bit and fall asleep. they are so cute too, mine will be all white. just love the silkies they are adorable.
Awesome congrats and sorry about the broodys eggs :hugs

IMG_20171023_042847.jpg

Back
Top Bottom