Incubator humidity

I have the exact same brand bator. Leave 1 plug in, make sure the humidity sensor is not on the bottom of the bator, wrap it around the rest of the wires so that it is half way from the top and bottom and not touching the eggs. Depending on the ambient humidity at your location will determine how much water you need to add to get the desired humidity in the bator.

My ambient humidity is usually around 35 to 50% , I only add about 2 table spoons of water every 2 to 3 days to maintain the humidity. The bator I have is very accurate at keeping the humidity and temps where they should be, unlike some other foam bators. (Got lucky with this one I guess).

At lockdown(I hate that term) I turn the other plug upside down and place it on top of the opening, leaving a very tiny gap. Keeps the humidity up were it should be and also allows for more air to enter the bator.

As @Texas Kiki , mentioned, get some more thermometers and a hygrometer and calibrate both, it's the only 'true' way of telling what your real temp and humidity is during incubation.

Back
Top Bottom