Incubator & movement in egg. - RIP Chip/Chipette

Update:
His neck is still the same, he has been opening his eyes a little more, and he has been able to hold his head forward a little better. I'll be giving him another drop of polyvisol in a minute. Hopefully it'll help soon.
The TSC store still doesn't have Nutri Drench so the only thing they have is the Sav-A-Chick and brewers yeast. The brewers yeast is also at Walgreens but I don't know if it has to say 'Poultry' on it or not. He is starting to walk ! Forward !
Thanks

That's defiantly a good sign!
celebrate.gif

Lets hope for even more improvement
fl.gif

Well I sure like to come home and hear good news!!! I was reading last night of a person who had made a neck brace out of a paper towel holder cardboard and fastened it with tape left it on about 30 min at a time. something to think about. But hopefully your seeing a turn around now, what about the egg that is pipping?

That's defiantly a good sign!
celebrate.gif

Lets hope for even more improvement
fl.gif
I don't know what's in that Polyvisol but it's definitely helping a little.
Right now he passed out from it (not literally but fell asleep), it does it to him every single time. Even with one drop !
He lays on his back though, poor baby. ;(

Well I sure like to come home and hear good news!!! I was reading last night of a person who had made a neck brace out of a paper towel holder cardboard and fastened it with tape left it on about 30 min at a time. something to think about. But hopefully your seeing a turn around now, what about the egg that is pipping?
I wouldn't know how to make the neck brace unless I had very detailed instructions, LOL.
I really hope for a turn around, he seems to be getting better. Probably a few more days will be good.
The Brewers Yeast thing, can I get it even though it's for dogs and cats? And how much would I give it? ;/
And the egg is not pipping anymore, atleast I don't see it, he's making peeping sounds though.
And then the other egg that was set the same day is starting to shake, progress.
Thanks

I wouldn't know how to make the neck brace unless I had very detailed instructions, LOL.
I really hope for a turn around, he seems to be getting better. Probably a few more days will be good.
The Brewers Yeast thing, can I get it even though it's for dogs and cats? And how much would I give it? ;/
And the egg is not pipping anymore, atleast I don't see it, he's making peeping sounds though.
And then the other egg that was set the same day is starting to shake, progress.
Thanks
Sounds like you may have some more ducklings soon.
fl.gif
I have the brewers yeast and garlic powder for my dogs and it's made different than regular Brewers yeast that i bought at the Health food store so I don't know if you can use it, it's more of a powder the other is fine flakes like coffee.

Just when I thought everything was okay, and he was sleeping. He died a few moments ago in my arms, he went to sleep but I felt his heartbeat begin to slow. He died peacefully in my arms and I think it was probably for the best since his neck started to worsen. He brought his neck all the way from the right side, turned it almost completely turned to the left.
He is now not suffering, swimming with the duck/ducklings in the pond in the sky with no neck problems.
I will definitely miss the little one, especially since he died being in my arms.
I am currently crying but I do know it's for the best, I just hope he knew I was trying to give him the best life he could have.
Thanks again.

Just when I thought everything was okay, and he was sleeping. He died a few moments ago in my arms, he went to sleep but I felt his heartbeat begin to slow. He died peacefully in my arms and I think it was probably for the best since his neck started to worsen. He brought his neck all the way from the right side, turned it almost completely turned to the left.
He is now not suffering, swimming with the duck/ducklings in the pond in the sky with no neck problems.
I will definitely miss the little one, especially since he died being in my arms.
I am currently crying but I do know it's for the best, I just hope he knew I was trying to give him the best life he could have.
Thanks again.
I am so sorry you lost him. I think your right though and so thankful he just went to sleep.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom