Incubators Anonymous

I have done shipped turkey eggs...a couple of times the first time the USPS broke 8 of the 16 eggs...about 4 made it to lock down and 1 quit, 1 didn't make it out,1 had issue cross beak etc, I have 1 healthy poult, they were small turkeys beltsville rio cross about the size of a duck egg/jumbo chicken eggs so for me it was 25% 2/8 that went in ..I did them another time and reported that seller she clearly erased the dates on the eggs and wrote new ones eggs were 5 to 9 days old when they were shipped that batch did nothing..

Last edited:
I ordered 12, received 16. They took 2 days to reach me. No visible damage to the box. All eggs intact, they were well packed. The seller is reputable and I'm pretty confident they were fresh when shipped.

I'm hopeful.
fl.gif

Last edited:
I have shipped turkey eggs in my Brinsea. How do shipped turkey eggs generally hatch compared to shipped chicken eggs?
I got one batch of midget whites off ebay. Ordered 8,received 8. Box was all dented and damaged on the outside and the postmaster was so apologetic. The eggs were well packed, but two were broken, so I set the remaining 6, even though they had damaged or rolling air cells. Four of those six started, three of those four quit, and I have the one last little guy that looked good at tlast candle and is due for lockdown on Wednesday! In the meantime, I drove 6 hours round trip when I found some more midget white eggs available for $1 each. I got 11, one was cracked. I set 10, and 8 are coming along at 2.5 weeks. I would love at least a trio out of these. Good luck with yours! I want to know how it goes.

Woke this morning to two button quail cheeping and running around the bator.
Another one hatched an hour later, but no more out of the 30 so far and it has been 6 hours.
Little peepers broke one eggs that was yellow yolk....
I feared a couple of 102+ degree spikes early on killed them, at least I got three.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom