Incubators!

H Diamond

Songster
5 Years
Jan 26, 2014
This has probably been beat into the ground, but I need to ask again. If you have links to appropriate threads, that's great too.
I have $100-$150 to spend on an incubator. Which would you suggest? I need it to hatch more than just a few like the Brinsea models. Thanks!

Does the 1620N model regulate temp like the 1588 does? Automatically?
No it uses a manual wafer thermostat and does not have a fan for circulation. You can buy a fan kit for it later.

I think a better choice over the 1620N if the 1588 won't fit your budjet would be the GQF 2365. It has the manual thermostat but uses the same 12 volt heating system and fan that the 1588 uses.

No it uses a manual wafer thermostat and does not have a fan for circulation. You can buy a fan kit for it later.

I think a better choice over the 1620N if the 1588 won't fit your budjet would be the GQF 2365. It has the manual thermostat but uses the same 12 volt heating system and fan that the 1588 uses.
SO do you have to manually baby sit the wafer style thermostat all day then? Or does it keep temps steady. How does it compare to temp control with the digital version? Also, what else makes the 1588 superior to the 1620N aside form the fan/digital thermostat?

SO do you have to manually baby sit the wafer style thermostat all day then? Or does it keep temps steady. How does it compare to temp control with the digital version? Also, what else makes the 1588 superior to the 1620N aside form the fan/digital thermostat?
I have the 1602 with fan kit and turner, I love it. I set eggs in it Sunday and have only had to adjust it once. I also have a LG that I bought on sale at Tractor Supply, I have been fighting with that thing since this morning and can't get it up to the correct temperature. I bought my Hovabator on Amazon....I think it was around 140 for everything....fan kit (very easy to install) and turner. You can also read all the reviews for each one on Amazon, I always find that helpful

Last edited:

No you don't have to baby sit it. It just takes more time, patience, and practice to set it correctly. The 1588 has a larger viewing window and uses a 12 volt heating system that doesn't retain as much residual heat as the heating element on the 1602. Residual heat will cause the temperature to continue to rise in the incubator even after the thermostat has turned the heat off. This will cause a 1-2 degree temperature swing as the thermostat cycles on an off in the 1602. The 1588 will have a temperature swing of less than a half degree.

Thank you guys! I think the better option is the 1588.I'm just going to try and come up with the extra dollars and get a good (or the best of the cheaper ones? LOL) incubator than throw money into a cheaper one.

Back
Top Bottom