Incuview Incubator

I have very good hatch rates with the incuview. I drilled and added a couple holes on top to add water and additional temp probes. I use a Weber meat thermometer probe to have a couple different ways to monitor temp. Mine is in basement where it is low 60’s. I made a box with insulation to set mine down into. Not sure if it’s needed but figured it wouldn’t hurt. You should be able to find an article on my profile with the modifications I made. Best mod was drilling more hole so you’re not adding water directly on top over the eggs who could possibly get dripped on.

I have very good hatch rates with the incuview. I drilled and added a couple holes on top to add water and additional temp probes. I use a Weber meat thermometer probe to have a couple different ways to monitor temp. Mine is in basement where it is low 60’s. I made a box with insulation to set mine down into. Not sure if it’s needed but figured it wouldn’t hurt. You should be able to find an article on my profile with the modifications I made. Best mod was drilling more hole so you’re not adding water directly on top over the eggs who could possibly get dripped on.

What a great idea! I will look for your modification thread! I've seen some people use tubing to add or remove water to adjust humidity also.

So I added a little Sensor Push temperature sensor to the inside, I normally keep it in our chicken coop and I have an app on my phone to see real time temp and humidity. Not only am I getting a different reading from the sensor cube, but also from a meat thermometer probe I stuck in the vent hole up top. All 3 are different from what the temp reading is on the top of the incubator. Now what do I do?

IMG_4507.PNG
IMG_1028.jpeg
IMG_4507.PNG

Okay just googled and it looks like the sensor push is +/- 3f for accuracy - so that's a big swing. Perhaps I should just trust the incubator's reading.

Last edited:
Hi All! Realizing this thread hasn't been commented on in a while but wanted to check in with everyone who has been using the Incuview and wondering if you had any tips specifically for it?

Hi there! I'm on day 17 of my current batch of chicken eggs. This is the 4th year I've used my Incuview and probably the most hands off I've ever been with it. I check the humidity a couple times a day and add a bit of water if it drops. Temperatures are holding steady, but two things:
1. I have an old towel under the incubator and rolled up around the sides and tied in place with some string. In the past I found that the thin plastic sides didn't retain the heat very well and I got more steady temps (less reaction to the room's ambient temp swings) by adding a bit of extra insulation on the bottom tray of the incubator.
2. I try to keep the eggs as close to the central area under the fan. This means a quick open to scoot them back to the middle once in a while when the turner rocks them close to the edges. This go around I set 12 eggs. Had 1 clear and 2 early quitters at the 14 day candling mark so 9 eggs still in the incubator. Lots of room and I find they tend to scoot the direction the pointy end is pointed. :p

Can't think of anything other than that at the moment. Hope it helps some.

I am not familiar with this incubator, but isn't there some way to confine the eggs so they stay in the center ?
would save the bother of opening the 'bator ..

I am not familiar with this incubator, but isn't there some way to confine the eggs so they stay in the center ?
would save the bother of opening the 'bator ..
The tuner is not the cup type, but rails taht slide,
so yes they can migrate towards the outer edges.
Not a big deal to move them every day or two, tho I've never needed to do that.

Back
Top Bottom