Indian Food - Anybody else love the stuff?

Quote:
Some just don't know what good international cuisine is.
big_smile.png

tongue.gif

I think you like to antagonize me
lol.png

We have heavy Indian population up here and I just can't learn to love their food. I have tried, believe me. It's like some people don't like chocolate
th.gif

i could use some Aloo Muter right about now....Yum!

ETA-The bonus material from the movie "Bend it Like Beckham has a cooking segment where the director (under the watchful eye of her mother) teaches you how to make Aloo Gobi. It's pretty good stuff!

Last edited:
ooh! thanks for the makhani recipe.

There's a great Indian restaurant we go to called Swagat that has some awesome chicken makhani. They have great nan bread too for scooping up the butter sauce. At lunch they have a buffet which is a good time for sampling things. Otherwise for dinner we always get salad, rice, nan and makhani chicken. Yummmmmmy!!

Hi,

I love and cook my own indian food.

chicken makhani (butter chicken) is in fact very popular in Delhi.
I have a number of friends that come and stay with mewhen they are in the Uk and I learn to cook from them.

Dahl and Rice is a standard and economical meal that I really love, and I enjoy a good chicken curry, or lamb, when haing friends over on weekends.

Pakoras make excellent snacks for lunch in the office too.

Jena.

Chicken Vindaloo--the Hotter the Better!!! AaaYaaa!!!

I lived in the DC area for years so you could get anything there and most of the really good ethnic restaurants were also really cheap. Where I live now, Taco Bell is considered ethnic food
hit.gif

I love Indian, but my absolute favorite is Thai, with Indian and Vietnamese tied for second place--oh man now I'm cranky because of course I can't get any of that here
sad.png

I have a friend who has taught me some Indian cooking, but it never tastes as good as hers. She also never cooks meat, so she can't teach me some of my favorite dishes. We have a large east Indian population here, and many restaurants and groceries. I like Patak's Chicken Masala sauce in a jar, they also make a concentrate that is not as good. The Tasty Bites brand also has some yummy premade veggies that you just heat in the microwave. My friend's cousin actually owns that company.....man I think I need samosa for lunch. I was planning a trip to the closest Indian grocery to get paratha flour anyway, so I think that's lunch. My samosa lady used to sell out of her home, but she recently opened a restuarant and grocery.

Now I'm really hungry.

My ds, his dgf, and I went to Sarovar in Austin, when I was visiting them a couple weeks ago. They go to this place about once a month, and I can see why. The food, service and atmosphere were Excellent!

We had Naan and Poori. DS ordered the Chicken Biryani, DGF ordered the Chicken Vindaloo, and I got the Daal Curry (lentils). I don't eat meat, but tasted their sauces. YUMMMMY!!

In the 1980's I used to work with an Indian fella who invited a group of us to his house for a meal once. He made Tandoori Chicken, Kitchri, Lamb Curry, Aloo Gobi, Mrugh Biryani, Naan, and Sharbat Gulab. After that I was hooked on Indian food. Unfortunately, there aren't any Indian restaurants near us....

Chicken Biriyani from a restaurant in White Plains NY and one in Brewster NY. Super on a cold, snowing winter day.

The nearest Indian restaurant to us is about 40 minutes away in Hyannis but I've never been there. Hubby likes French food more.

Back
Top Bottom