Indian Runner to weak to stand

Yes, my crested was lame in one leg and limped for a day but the next day she was okay.
I will get some pumpkin seeds and I do use ACV but I thought garlic was toxic to ducks? I read that some people do give garlic to ducks. I prefer to natural too.

One last thing I didn't think of until now...You had another duck go lame awhile back? Just to be sure she doesn't have worms I would give them all some pumpkin seeds and add a bit of Apple Cider Vinegar and a clove of garlic to a bit of their water. I don't use wormers I do it naturally but if you prefer you can purchase something for that. Lameness in ducks can be from worms.
I just looked and I have a big bag of organic pumpkin seeds... do I grind them up first? How much do you give them?

Garlic should not be given in high amounts and can be noticed in egg flavor on occasion, but small amounts for short periods of time are not toxic.

Garlic should not be given in high amounts and can be noticed in egg flavor on occasion, but small amounts for short periods of time are not toxic.
Okay good to know. So what is a small amount? Do you have any idea of how many pumpkins seeds to garlic ratio? I have no clue.

I just looked and I have a big bag of organic pumpkin seeds... do I grind them up first? How much do you give them?
Some of mine will eat them whole and some won't...If they don't eat em whole grind em and mix with feed. Pumpkin seeds have added nutritional value so you don't have to worry bout giving too much. I actually give them to mine as treats with an added bonus of worm control.

As far as garlic goes some ducks love it and others want no part of it. If you can get them to eat the garlic it's one clove each you can crush it and then in 2 weeks one clove again. If they wont eat it from your hand you can bruise it a bit and put in their drinking water. I've soaked the cloves overnight in water to be given in morning and then toss out the garlic or give to ones who will eat it. The concentration isn't as strong in water so you may need to do that for a couple days then again in 2 weeks. I've also just sprinkled garlic powder over their feed, but that was more for prevention than treatment. Also Nasturtium seeds are a natural wormer as well.

Glad I could offer assistance...Now I gotta go for tonight...It's after 2 a.m. where I am and I should probably go to bed...Lol. I will be in to check on you and your duck tomorrow...Good night

Thanks for spending time with me and sorry for keeping you up so late. This morning she seemed to be doing better and tried to get up but can't stand yet. I gave her some ground up pumpkins seeds with some peas but she picked out the peas. I tried only pumpkin in my hand and she didn't really like it that much. I left the bowl near her. I'll try the garlic later since I've been fussing with her all morning. She ate during the night. Do you think it's okay for her to go into her pond? She loves to swim more than the other ducks, if that is even possible.

Yes she can swim. It may help if it is caused from strain or muscles. I would just make sure she is able to get in and out easily. Wouldn't want her to tire herself and be stuck unable to make it out.

Back
Top Bottom