Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

There is a baby dove right in front of my front door laying on my deck. Mom and Dad aren't far away, and I don't want to interfere, but it is in a very inconvenient location. [​IMG]
  2. Birdylady3

Birdylady3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Has the baby dove moved by now? [​IMG] to those that have lost or caring for sick animals. We had a cornish cross but she was taking by a opossum before she was 6 months old

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    My eggs got here a day early! they got here about 1:00pm. I never seen anyone pack eggs like they did but not a single egg was broken! And they sent me 6 extras!
    1 person likes this.
  4. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom True BYC Addict

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    The last hatching eggs I got (due to start hatch tomorrow under broody), the folks used a disposable diapers to pack all around an inner box. That was unique! And re-usable :D
  5. kabhyper1

The dove has moved all over the deck and is in my landscaping now. I put some water and seed out, but its pretty small. All feathered out and can hop around. I dont see the parents anymore. I ushered it to my hostas for shade. It was laying in the sun.
  6. Birdylady3

Birdylady3 Chillin' With My Peeps

It was probably just sunning itself. They like to sun bath too. If it all feathered out then it is learning how to be on it's own. They leave the nest around 2 weeks of age and are on their own when they are a month old.
  7. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    What eggs I'd you get?
  8. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    I don't free range them because I just don't want to lose them to hawks especially since out of four roosters only one is a good look-out. Though I think I will if I get guinea fowl. I just hope I can keep Curly and Lola alive until then (probably wont get any till next year). Also I have been rationalizing them on feed because feed prices been rising gradly, but now I will do it for them (the other hens are going to be mad now :) ) Thank you everyone very much!
  9. kabhyper1

Okay. It's under my hostas. I gave it some water in an eye dropper without touching it. It was really hot. Hopefully it does okay. I didn't want to bring it inside. I left a bowl of water and some seed out for it. This isn't it, but it looks just like this pic...
  10. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Actually this may sound crazy, but you actually can touch baby wild birds. The parents won't abandon it, and are very devoted to there young. So just in case if it comes down to it. Thought I would let you know :)
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by