INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I treated my birds with poultry guard just like I said I wouldn't do lol Funny I didn't see any bugs this time. No mites for sure but last night I know I saw some unidentified black bugs. Oh well. I'll check and treat again in a week. My bigger problem is the BUMBLEFOOT I found on my 3 year old SLW. I know what needs to be done but I am not looking forward to it. There is no way around the surgery is there? I can't afford to take her to an avian vet right now but I don't let it get worse. I'm going to call doc Brester to see if there is any chance he will do it (i don't think he will). If not I'm going all dr house on that chicken :/. Poor petal.

Hi Pip'd. Every time you post a pic of her, I like her look more and more. The big floppy comb and the gold and brown coloring. I'll be excited to learn what size eggs she lays. And if Roha's eggs are the same size.
My 2 rose comb brown leghorns just started a month agolaying. And they are eggs started out really small. they are up to medium sized and will evntually be laying large eggs.

3 of the 4 Black Australorps are males. 1, the oldest, was given to me along with two Americauna males. When purchasing 15 brown egg layers from a well-known hatchery I had them add the 2 other males as I didn't know of the two Americaunas boys. Now that I know what I have I'm seriously considering repurposing the two Americauna boys and 1 of the BA's. Also, I'd like to offer the Phoenix for sale. He (I think) seems like a good bird but doesn't do much for me.

I have a couple youtube videos I've made but am to new here to know if I can post the links in these messages without getting in trouble.

I've been bawling my eyes out for the last 2 hours. Came home from class and ran over my beautiful pair of gray silkies. They are cooped in the car port but evidently found the pavement on the drive cooler; I hadn't shut them in before I left as it was about 4:30, and had just got dark when I drove in, so didn't see them. I've lost birds that I was attached to before but never so blatantly my fault.

3 of the 4 Black Australorps are males. 1, the oldest, was given to me along with two Americauna males. When purchasing 15 brown egg layers from a well-known hatchery I had them add the 2 other males as I didn't know of the two Americaunas boys. Now that I know what I have I'm seriously considering repurposing the two Americauna boys and 1 of the BA's. Also, I'd like to offer the Phoenix for sale. He (I think) seems like a good bird but doesn't do much for me.

I have a couple youtube videos I've made but am to new here to know if I can post the links in these messages without getting in trouble.
Hi Goodb. Welcome to the Indiana thread. Where are you located? We have people all over the sate who might be interested.

I've been bawling my eyes out for the last 2 hours.  Came home from class and ran over my beautiful pair of gray silkies.  They are cooped in the car port but evidently found the pavement on the drive cooler; I hadn't shut them in before I left as it was about 4:30, and had just got dark when I drove in, so didn't see them.  I've lost birds that I was attached to before but never so blatantly my fault.

ohhhhhhhh no, I am so sorry!!!

I've been bawling my eyes out for the last 2 hours. Came home from class and ran over my beautiful pair of gray silkies. They are cooped in the car port but evidently found the pavement on the drive cooler; I hadn't shut them in before I left as it was about 4:30, and had just got dark when I drove in, so didn't see them. I've lost birds that I was attached to before but never so blatantly my fault.
Sorry to hear about your loss. Don't get too down on yourself. Everyone here knows how much you love your birds, and sometime things happen, but it wasn't anything you did deliberately.

Back
Top Bottom