INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    I'm so sorry to hear that! I had lost my African grey due to my fault. Forgot to cage him when I left for work. He apparently got spooked off his play stand by knocking off a perch and my dogs got him. It was hard to come home and see my pet headless and to know another one of my pets ate it!

As hard as it is, you can not beat yourself up over this!

2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I've been bawling my eyes out for the last 2 hours.  Came home from class and ran over my beautiful pair of gray silkies.  They are cooped in the car port but evidently found the pavement on the drive cooler; I hadn't shut them in before I left as it was about 4:30, and had just got dark when I drove in, so didn't see them.  I've lost birds that I was attached to before but never so blatantly my fault.

[/quote

i m so sorry. dint beat yourself up over this. its not like you meant to.

3. goodb

goodb Chillin' With My Peeps

4. goodb

goodb Chillin' With My Peeps

Elkhart.

5. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    I can't think why the grocery store manager would object. They have lots of chicken in the store. You're just bringing one more.

John

2 people like this.
  6. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    There is method to the madness. The purpose is to keep little kids from messing with baby birds, getting lice from them, and accidentally breaking legs or wings.

Or, they could just be wrong.

John

7. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Post it. They hardly ever come to your house to beat you up. Seriously, we post all kinds of stuff. If they don't like it, the worst that will happen is they will delete it.

John

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  8. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    At the top of this page, look for the brown tab labeled "My Profile". Click it and on the profile page under the "Location" area type in Elkhart, Indiana.

That way, members can visualize where in Indiana you are. I, for one, will not remember it tomorrow.

If you send Mother2Hens a PM, and a picture you want as your avatar on your posts, she will do her magic and make it like many on this thread with your county highlighted.

John

9. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Got my 3rd egg today. Named it Sheldon Friedrich Cackleberry. Weights so far are 42.01g, 42.24g, 48.59g.

John

10. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop

She is so pretty, isn't she? I'm usually more attracted to the silver duckwing females, but man, this little lady is stunning! :love

[​IMG]

Rangi says, "What about me?" :lol: Silly girl!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by