INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana

thanks everyone for the ideas! Mu dad was nice enough to offer to male then for me! He is going to try the ssugar ones first. Thats what he did as a kid

2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Congrats! Hope you have good hatch rates!

3. Thunder Chicken

Thunder Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I know that ad. [​IMG] Every time I clicked a link to go to another page it would start up again and I had to turn it off. My son came into the room looking for chicks.

I bought a bunch of different colored zip ties. They are cheap and you can use them for a whole lot more than leg bands. I know you have to watch that they don't get too tight on growing chicks but I didn't use them til they were full grown. As cheap as they are, you can cut them off and put a new one on that is looser if you need to.

I hope we aren't going to get into any political discussions here. It could get ugly real fast.

Thanks for the wing clipping advice. They have been in the coop since May or June. The EEs for about a month. I will try it this weekend.

Too funny. [​IMG] I think I saw that years ago. Maybe it was a different one.

I noticed that this thread was number 2 on posts and Old Salt and I were number 2 and 3 for ovations yesterday, lol. How did that happen? [​IMG]

4. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

5. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN
    That's awesome! Both Brad and I haven't had a lot of luck hatching them out. He's still trying, but I'm done till next spring. I did find some advice that said CCLs are very humidity sensitive for some reason. Their advice was to dry incubate them, and then to try to keep humidity to as close to 60% as possible after lockdown. Here's hoping you have better luck than we did and that you can add to the CCL pool around here.

6. SallyinIndiana

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    CCls sound about as difficult to hatch as araucanas!

8. SallyinIndiana

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

9. Thunder Chicken

Thunder Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Thanks. Bookmarked it.

Woohoo!!! Congrats!![​IMG]

Nice! Bookmarked that too.

Wow. Congrats! I want one. [​IMG]

Hmm... seems I keep replying to your posts, lol. Auto mechanics use the zip ties a lot and I used to be one. Are you using side-cutters to cut them off?

The ratings are on the home page of the site if you scroll down to the bottom and look to the right under Backyard Chicken Stats Click on "More >" under any of them and you go to the top 10 screen. Here's a link.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/pages/stats/top/range/1day/

1 person likes this.
  10. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I hope someone has some good helpful advice for you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by