INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

hy4esupe.jpg
my Sebright silkie cross that was supposed to be a white silkie. ;). She's cute though! I call her Skeeter.
e7ypuhyg.jpg
one of my many many MANY roosters. I think this guy is s polish cross frizzle. I'm basing that purely on the v-comb. He was showing some aggression to one of my silkies today. He might need a new home we shall see :/
harahutu.jpg
you lookin at me?
a9abupy7.jpg
here comes trouble. The chicks are about as big as their momma now.

Went and picked up some chicks from Brad today. He has beautiful birds. Also very nice even after I called him twice because I couldn't find his house, course I couldn't find my way out of a paper bag with a map. Anyhow took some pics. First 5 are the ones that I got from Brad today next 5 are the rescues my DF brought home yesterday and a group shot. Sorry picture quality is not better. I now have a pair of rhodebars, a legbar roo and 2 birchen marans as well as 5 I have no idea what kinda cross they are. I think they are all adorable though.

I want to thank you folks for all your good advice because today was the day!

And they were delicious!

And because there's always a balance, we likely won't be getting more for a little while as we just had a t-storm roll through and drop a bolt within a block of us. I'm sure the ladies are freaked out now!!!
1f61c.png

Went and picked up some chicks from Brad today. He has beautiful birds. Also very nice even after I called him twice because I couldn't find his house, course I couldn't find my way out of a paper bag with a map. Anyhow took some pics. First 5 are the ones that I got from Brad today next 5 are the rescues my DF brought home yesterday and a group shot. Sorry picture quality is not better. I now have a pair of rhodebars, a legbar roo and 2 birchen marans as well as 5 I have no idea what kinda cross they are. I think they are all adorable though.

lovely chickens, they will be growing very quickly.

I have two BO roos that are needing a new home. I would like to combine my LF and bantams into the same large run and I would rather they not breed the bantams. Neither has shown any aggression towards people. They are approximately 7 months old right now, came from RK.

I will attempt to put pics up tomorrow, just thought I'd try here before CL

My mom is taking care of my chickens for me for the weekend and I got a call from her today. She told me one of my chickens died. I asked what pen, as right now I have chickens in 9 different pens. She told me the middle pen. I have 9,well now 8, chickens in the pen and no rooster. I asked her what one and this is the anwser I get. It is a reddish color. the only chicken that is close to red is my salmon favorelle. I asked her if she had feathered feet. She dosent know
roll.png
. If it is my SF I am going to cry. She is like my baby. She follows me everywhere and just loves attention. I asked my mom if she could see anything wrong with her. She said she thinks she choked. I have this feed that is powdery and I had 3 chickens choke on it the other day, I am thinking They need to stop selling this feed, because it is obviously a reaccuring problem. Instead of explaning to my mom what to look for I am just going to have to investigate it when I go home tomorrow. Dont get me wrong I love all my chickens, but I really dont want it to be my SF.

My mom is taking care of my chickens for me for the weekend and I got a call from her today. She told me one of my chickens died. I asked what pen, as right now I have chickens in 9 different pens. She told me the middle pen. I have 9,well now 8, chickens in the pen and no rooster. I asked her what one and this is the anwser I get. It is a reddish color. the only chicken that is close to red is my salmon favorelle. I asked her if she had feathered feet. She dosent know:rolleyes: . If it is my SF I am going to cry. She is like my baby. She follows me everywhere and just loves attention. I asked my mom if she could see anything wrong with her. She said she thinks she choked. I have this feed that is powdery and I had 3 chickens choke on it the other day, I am thinking They need to stop selling this feed, because it is obviously a reaccuring problem. Instead of explaning to my mom what to look for I am just going to have to investigate it when I go home tomorrow. Dont get me wrong I love all my chickens, but I really dont want it to be my SF.
oh no that's terrible!!!! I'm sorry! You've had a tough time lately :( What kind of feed is it so I NEVER buy it

oh no that's terrible!!!! I'm sorry! You've had a tough time lately
sad.png
What kind of feed is it so I NEVER buy it

thanks. And I know! I typically have bad luck, which is a bummer. You had a little trouble with your silkie roo. I was so happy for you to read that your test came back clean. My chickens are accident prone too, apparentley. I get my feed at a feed mill. it is monpeiler, indiana.They mix it themselves. they just label it chicken layer mix. It is good quality feed it just is too powdery. I can telly ou they are not getting fed that anymore! I got my mom to send me a picture. It was not my SF! but it was one of my rose comb brown leghorns :(. I had one that was slightley underweight, so i am wondering if it was that one. I will update tomorrow after I find out all the details.

Back
Top Bottom