INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    While it would be nice in one way, I'd hate it in another lol. I think I'd be stuck with a bunch of Roos!

2. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Did you get the Sumatras from Stony?

3. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    ya, it would be awesome but also a bummer. It is a killer to wait and let them mature though

4. chickengroomer

chickengroomer Just Hatched

Sep 7, 2013
    broad ripple
    Hello! My name is diana, and I got thrown into chickens Bout a month ago. We have a good sized urban garden and now have 10 birds. I am in the Indianapolis are and actually looking for a home for the one Roo. He is a giro game fowl. I think. He is noisy and is a flight risk. He likes to get up in trees. He is pretty tame once you get him. Him and the two hens were kept in some pretty gross conditions. Any advice on the hens would be appreciated!

5. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

6. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    I would seven dust the whole bunch if they came from bad conditions.
    hens need light to keep laying this time of year.
    I recommend feeding an all flock and offering calcium on the side maybe even a gamebird feed if the hens are also game birds. The higher protein is good for them and they will eat the oyster shell when they need calcium.

7. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    kabhyper~ I was just thinking about handsome Gus the other day since you haven't posted a photo of him lately. And now he's going to be a father! Your first hatch is so exciting that I'm going to keep checking back on the thread to see what happens! [​IMG] Hope she hatches soon so you can get some sleep tonight!

kabyper ~ Sally in Indiana ~ bradselig! Good luck on your hatches!! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    pginsber~ Haha! That's funny. My chocolate bantam orp is much more assertive than my gigantic Jubilee orp. I've mentioned this wonderful book before, which is a very relatable, humorous true story of a newbie chicken owner. Her Buff Orp was the malcontent of her flock. I suppose like anything else, in general, orps are more passive, but there are exceptions.
    [​IMG]

9. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Aww, I will let you know when I do! If he has a wyandotte baby boy, I'm shipping him to you! lol Btw Gus looks silly right now because he is molting. I will start taking pics again when they start looking like themselves again. lol

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  10. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Oh, man, all these hatches and chick pictures are giving me the empty nest syndrome pretty bad! I don't know if I can make it until May before getting more..! (And poults, too. Gosh, I'm going to have to build a bigger coop. :lol: )

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by