INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. gunchief25

gunchief25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Solsberry, Indiana

:lau I would never say a fly was lousy. Some of my worse ties caught a lot of fish. I have yet to have a fish tell me that I wrapped my hackle the wrong direction. :lau

2. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

3. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    John-thanks for all of the info and the link!

4. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    Haha! I was wondering how you were getting your ear close enough to hear that without losing it to a ticked off hen.. I hope your little guy does okay. I am letting her do her job, and won't check under her anymore. I am dreading the thought of bad hatches. I hope everything goes okay. Especially with my flub up today. I have a security camera in the barn on the alpacas that has a very sensitive microphone, so I should be able to hear peeps should they hatch during the night. She has been an A+ broody, so I hope her mothering instincts are just as good. I'm excited to see what hatches. I know the silkies for sure, but the other 4 eggs are Gus' (my wyandotte roo) and my ee hen and wyandotte hen and austalorp and minorca hen crosses. So they are going to be mystery chickies.
    [​IMG]

5. SallyinIndiana

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    I'm trying to hatch some sumatra chicks to have broodies in the future. The eggs arrive looking great but I know the PO is messing with them somehow. I typically do well with hatching eggs from my flock with the exception of incubator and power malfunctions but with shipped eggs my hatch rate is less than desirable. And I think it is my luck that the first cl chick out is a boy, the head while not yet dry looks like there is a dot. I really want a broody so I'm hoping the sumatra's hatch. It is the only reason that the injured chick is getting care instead of a visit to Moses. Typically I don't want a chick if it is not a strong chick or if I have to care for the tiny thing more than I would another chick. But I really want some sumatra chicks.

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Good luck to both of you with your hatches!

1 person likes this.
  7. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Yes, good luck to you both! I just had 2 white showgirls hatch today. I still have 3 more eggs in there butt hey didn't look the greatest when I candled prior to lockdown. Now just hoping these 2 are pullets!

1 person likes this.
  8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Congrats on your chicks. I wish every chick was autosexing

9. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks brad! Congrats on yours. Mine aren't auto sexing, but I'm gonna hope for girls, and very good educated guesses. lol

10. SallyinIndiana

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by