INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Hey Pip,
She may have thought she could get away with it because you were there. I know that is why some of mine lower in the pecking order act when I am with them. Makes them brave to have their fearless protector near. :)

[COLOR=A52A2A]Just saw this preview -- TONIGHT at 8:00 Central Time, 9:00 Eastern Time on the TV Show "Shark Tank" on ABC[/COLOR] There are going to be two guys who will pitch a business idea, [COLOR=A52A2A]"Rent a Goat." [/COLOR] http://sharktankblog.com/goat-rental/ It reminded me of a recent discussion on this thread. Here's the conversation that House Kat started:
lol I watched this. Poor guys didn't get funded :(. I've seen their ads on the web though

And a funny chickening story from my neck of the woods, I brought Margaret, my Silkie, inside for a visit because she squatted and it makes me happy. Well, my brother's girlfriend, who seems determined to hate my sister but be best friends with me, was outside with me when I caught Margie and decided to bring Roha inside as well. She came right over and stuck Roha right next to Margie, at which point I backed off because the other pullets are mean to poor little Margaret.

So after a brief visit, we went back outside and I put Margaret down. And then brother's girlfriend put Roha down right next to Margie. :he I started to tell her that she shouldn't've done that because now Roha will probably chase poor Margie off, when Margaret flared her hackles and grabbed onto Roha's comb! That little spitfire started a fight with Roha! I couldn't believe it! Anyway, though Margie started the fight, Roha finished it and ran her off like I thought she would. I just thought it was funny that I was trying to protect little Margaret and she ended up acting out like that. :lol: Silly girl!
ha! Mom was around so she figured it was safe to for 'payback time!' lol too funny

Last edited:
last year on the way to the show, I stopped at waffle house to eat and their was a semi load of chickens their, and I thought it was pretty ironic!
The sad thing is, is it isnt that anything came up it is that they are just trying to make a quick buck. I am glad you are getting two of the puppies, I know they are going to a good home.
:woot Good job john! I can't wait to meet everybody!

I wont be able to make this one. Everybody have fun.

Babies!!! We are bringing the majority of them inside since they are still hatching and she has already hatched 9. We have lost one during hatch, one isn't doing very good, so I left it under momma, and 2 that haven't gotten their land legs yet that I left under her also. So she has five eggs and 3 kids under her right now. Better than juggling 14! lol I think the little silver one is my favorite.
0.jpg

Quote: I did stop by your table quite a few times. I almost got my self a free kitten or two but I'm glad I didn't. Our barn cat is not too happy with the puppies that I brought home. I would not want to see him try to share his space with these cute adorable kittens.
As for the food, we went right past a golden corral on our way up to the show. Since i had a buy 1 get 1 buffet coupon, it was a good deal. Lots of breakfasts breads, eggs, bacon, and sausage BUT no ham. Then there was milk and juice included so no extra money spent on drinks. And the best part was our youngest ate for free.

After the show we stopped at Tillman's feed store. Great hometown place. Then we went over to Titus' bakery as the other thread had a recommendation for it and the feed store guy also recommended it. They have a very nice setup and great doughnuts, cookies, and bread. We did not try their sandwiches but I'm sure they would have been good too.

I finally got to see a blue sumatra in person. I got the list of showers so next spring I can try the old postal system and write a letter to see about picking up chicks all the way in greencastle.

Hope everyone has fun today.

Sad that I won't be going. Looking forward to seeing everyone's updates after the show though.

If someone sees a beautiful splash Cochin bantam rooster and will be in the Indy area at some point... Well... I have around $30 in my chicken piggy bank. I would not say no.
Ohh I was hoping you would make it. I saw lots of ducks of all sizes and colors for sale. Khakis that were small compared to the ones I have and khakis that were much larger than mine with less color. Then there was a large number or rouens, they were very large compared to my khakis. There was also tiny ducks not much larger than a football. lots and lots of tiny ducks.
Geese were there too. I even saw a goose with the fancy lace looking feathers. I saw a blue turkey too.

Overall the show was a great time for our family. While we were not at the show for more than 1.5 hours, it was still fun. I even got to talk to Patrick for a bit. Next time i think I will go ahead and bring along any extra roosters I have and see if people want them.

Last edited:
I went to the "table" but noone was there! I did get to meet ccccchickens, pdbirdhaven and little americana mom..which it was great to meet all of you! Saw some lovely SalmonFavs that I wish I had more of! And all of the above mentioned! Ugh so col tho! I brought 3 boys I was trying to brid of and thoght I'm bringing 3 and buying 3 ... even! ... but no such luck! I don't want to make them dinner but if auction doesn't work I'm gonna have to! I don't like penning them but I don't want them either! Delimna! Loved seeing all the birds and look forward to showing stock of my own in a couple of years!

CENTRAL INDIANA POULTRY SHOW

I had gorgeous weather ordered, 72 deg, light breeze from the south, puff ball clouds, mostly sunny.
smile.png

Somehow Patrick countermanded the order.
somad.gif

Apparently, BYC people came to the picnic table, but couldn't stay longer than a few minutes, for fear of frostbite.
idunno.gif
I didn't stay there either.

Saw lots of birds. Bought a brace (2) of 3 month old Peacock males cheap.

At least there was no snow.

John

The Show was fun, there were lots of things to look at. My Son and I had a great time... I sat at the BYC table for a short while between walking around. I was able to meet DelawareMommy not sure if I wrote that as she does I didnt look at it before I started to type.. I hope everyone else had a great day as well.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom