hey i believe my rooster is trying to mate but not doing it anyone have any suggestions he is old enough and everything.
More details would give us a better chance of helping. How old is he actually? Other than trying to hatch them what makes you think he's not doing it? How old are the females? What method are you using to hatch your eggs? Anything else you can offer will be helpful.

More details would give us a better chance of helping. How old is he actually? Other than trying to hatch them what makes you think he's not doing it? How old are the females? What method are you using to hatch your eggs? Anything else you can offer will be helpful.
he is 6 months i candle the eggs after trying to hatch them and i can't see anything females are 1 year they are jap bantams so they have big tails don't know if the changes the way they can get on the bird

he is 6 months i candle the eggs after trying to hatch them and i can't see anything females are 1 year they are jap bantams so they have big tails don't know if the changes the way they can get on the bird
He is just at the very beginning of his sexual maturity. I'm not sure but maybe he's shooting blanks for now? Maybe I'd give it a few more weeks. I'm sure there are others here with more info that will jump in. Btw I am guessing you are incubating, not using a broody. I guess you've checked and calibrated your incubator for problems. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom