Injured chick, Please help!

Sweet baby! If her head and neck hurt too much to eat, you could try using an eyedropper or syringe to feed her soft food (scrambled egg/mashed up hardboiled egg) or some of her food with water mixed in. You could also give her NutriDrench until she is well enough to start eating on her own. Still hoping she makes it!
I have tons of syringes (perk of being ER Nurse 🤣) and will definitely do that! I'll give her a little time to rest and then will do some food and water with NutriDrench :) thank you!

How long ago did this happen?
I would continue to care for her like you are doing for a few days just to see if she'll pull through. The PND is good to give. Make sure she's staying warm and hydrated.

I've had scalped birds before and they have recovered, but every case is a bit different, a bird could suffer too much damage and/or get infection and not recover.

Keep us posted on how she's getting along.

I would continue to care for her like you are doing for a few days just to see if she'll pull through. The PND is good to give. Make sure she's staying warm and hydrated.

I've had scalped birds before and they have recovered, but every case is a bit different, a bird could suffer too much damage and/or get infection and not recover.

We are eating and drinking!

Attachments

• 20210612_162647.jpg
    20210612_162647.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 1

It happened overnight

Poor little things! Sounds like they definitely need to be in their own space until they are older and won't get too damaged by the older chickens. I have two littles right now (10 and 9 weeks old). I tried socializing with the older hens just the other day. They have been in their own space but not right next to the main flock. Things seemed to be going okay, but then a few of my youngest hens ripped out a bunch of feathers. Guess I'll have to wait a little longer or figure out a way to make their enclosure closer to the main run (one of my roos is in there now :p).

Happy to report that both chicks are surviving thus far, I know they are not out of the woods yet, but so far so good :) Thank you everyone <3

Back
Top Bottom