Injured duck - Leg Was Tied - Photo attached

Sounds encouraging for sure. Can she put any weight on her leg? and don't forget when using Epsom salt don't let them drink the water it is also a laxative besides helping with swelling and Inflammation.
lol, and we all know ducks dont need to create more poop
lau.gif

This am she wanted OUT of her kennel. I obliged. I've left her on the porch for the day, not locked up.

https://instagram.com/p/BPxS05_hdLD/

She's moving around pretty well and the swelling is down even more.

Vet appointment this afternoon.
Aren't they amazing. Her leg looks so much better. Looks like she might try a jail break calling in the reinforcements.

So sweet pics.  That is great news @dotknott
   I am so happy for you and her that the vet was optimistic about it all.  We offered suggestions but you did all the work and it has paid off. Did she say when you can let her back with the flock. I'd think more healing first? Especially being as the creek probably has bacteria of some kind in it.

She's going to separated for about 6 - 7 weeks to heal up, and since the anti inflammatory she's on means her eggs can't be eaten for about that long it doesn't make sense to put her back with the flock.

She's going to separated for about 6 - 7 weeks to heal up, and since the anti inflammatory she's on means her eggs can't be eaten for about that long it doesn't make sense to put her back with the flock.
Good idea for sure. Well we're all encouraged these birds are amazing animals. Your a good nurse too.

Janet Quackson (I've decided to name her, because interacting with her this much means she needs a name) was running around the deck this am. Running. Still limping a bit, but running. And quacking. 6 weeks of this is going to be a challenge, but I'm only three weeks out from my first hatch date, so at least the halfway mark is going to be duckling-full.

@dotknott I can tell a big difference in how it looks and it looks quite a bit better on this end.
[tags aren't working this morning]

She is doing great!! did she get a visitor yet?

@dotknott  I can tell a big difference in how it looks and it looks quite a bit better on this end. 
[tags aren't working this morning]

She is doing great!! did she get a visitor yet?

No visitor yet. Since I have to make sure I have a waterer big enough for two for a full day, otherwise it'll have to wait until I'm home to refill the water during the day.

She is looking great!
i suspect that she will end up with a scar but at least she still has her foot, and that the scabbing will heal quickly

You are doing great with her!!

Back
Top Bottom