Injured duck unable to walk

Emilynicole0215

Hatching
Oct 4, 2021
My 3 ducks got attacked by a coyote 3 nights ago. 2 passed away, but one survived the attack. He has five wounds, but we treated them and he is healing very well. Up until today he has been able to slowly walk around, but today he has began limping and refusing to put any weight on his foot. I took a look at it, and there seems to be an infection on his middle toe, although I’m not an expert and not entirely sure. I was wondering if anyone could identify what might be wrong. I’m worried about him, as he is already depressed, but now can’t even walk around or explore .

:welcome sorry for the circumstances. Can you provide him with a mirror for company until you can get new flockmates?

:welcome sorry for the circumstances. Can you provide him with a mirror for company until you can get new flockmates?
Like a mirror so he can see himself? I can try that. He is living in our living room currently until his wounds heal, but friends of ours also have a duck so lost his friends. So in the next few days we will bring the two together and hopefully cheer both of them up. I’m worried about that as well, because I’m wondering if the other duck will peck at his wounds?

Back
Top Bottom