Injured Duckling...

DuckFrenzy247

In the Brooder
Jun 24, 2019
Hey y’all,

So I have an unfortunate dilemma... one of my ducklings maybe 3-4 weeks old has a pretty crooked foot... I got her at TSC and she seemed fine and I gave her proper nutrition but it’s not seeming to get any better and I don’t think it ever will. She can hobble on one leg but sits most of the time. I feel so bad for her... I don’t know what to do. I hate to say it but should I euthanize her... I would hate to do it but I just don’t know what’s best in this situation...

DuckyDonna

Crossing the Road
Aug 26, 2018
Dallas, Georgia
Hey y’all,

So I have an unfortunate dilemma... one of my ducklings maybe 3-4 weeks old has a pretty crooked foot... I got her at TSC and she seemed fine and I gave her proper nutrition but it’s not seeming to get any better and I don’t think it ever will. She can hobble on one leg but sits most of the time. I feel so bad for her... I don’t know what to do. I hate to say it but should I euthanize her... I would hate to do it but I just don’t know what’s best in this situation...
Before you think about doing away with her lets try a few things. First of all you've got TSC so go there and get some B-complex. It's in where the cattle stuff is. The bottle will look like this:
IMG_0251.JPG

Give 1 ml over something like meal worms or watermelon, peas, something you know she will eat so that she gets the whole amount. Give that every day, twice a day. You can't OD her on it she will just pee out the excess that she doesn't need.

Then lets get some pictures of her leg/foot and maybe a video would be good so we can see what's going on. Then we will get the experts @Miss Lydia @casportpony to give their ideas. Most of the time these things can be fixed so don't give up!

We will be waiting for the pictures and hopefully video!

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
Lets get that video up and get her started on the liquid B complex. She may never get 100% if this started a few weeks ago but the liquid b is amazing for what it can do for our water fowl babies. {Pigeon toes and other leg issues are usually from niacin deficiency. } What feed are you using?

Top Bottom