Injured Roo

Godscountryfarm

Chirping
Apr 29, 2023
Hello!
We had a very unfortunate night a couple of weeks ago where we lost many of out flock to a raccoon. It was horrific.
This is our last roo that survived. He was was injured somehow. We couldnt see any injuries from the outside, but he has been laying low and limping when walking, but seems to be doing okay. He is eating and drinking fine. Not really sure what we can do for him, but we are taking it day by day. I would love any suggestions on ways that we could make him more comfortable. Thank you

Attachments

• AE39CFC9-DCF4-4751-8604-6D71C97F1BD0.jpeg
    AE39CFC9-DCF4-4751-8604-6D71C97F1BD0.jpeg
    704.6 KB · Views: 49
I'm sorry for your loss.

Can you pick him up and examine him for any bruising of the skin, swelling or hidden puncture wounds?

He may have ran into something trying to escape.
Work on keeping him hydrated, electrolytes for a few days may be helpful. Extra protein like egg, fish or meat can be given for a few days in addition to him eating his normal food.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Can you pick him up and examine him for any bruising of the skin, swelling or hidden puncture wounds?

He may have ran into something trying to escape.
Work on keeping him hydrated, electrolytes for a few days may be helpful. Extra protein like egg, fish or meat can be given for a few days in addition to him eating his normal food.
Thank you! I will do all of that!

Back
Top Bottom