INJURY!!!!!!!!!

Toro

Songster
7 Years
May 18, 2012
New Yawk
I go out to the chicken coup today, shovel out the snow in the run and put a tarp over it. I go into the chicken coup, and see that on of my golden campine hen's neck was all wet. Upon further investigation, i realized it was blood, and she had a large cut on her head. I brought her inside the house and realized what I thought had been a cut was actually a hole the size of a dime. There is a little flap of skin covering half of it but most of it is an open wound. You can see (and touch) the skull through the wound. I have isolated her, tried to clean up the blood, cut the feathers around the wound, and put neosporin in nit to prevent infection. Is there anything else I can do? I am sooo worried for her. Her name is Sheldon, she is about 4 months old. I'll post pics once I find my camera.

I'm sorry
hugs.gif
. Sounds like you have done well. You can flush the wound with plain saline solution if, it needs to be cleaned further. She may get shocky so, I would cook her a egg, mash it up and mix in some plain regular yogurt to give her added protein,calcium & probiotics. If she seems to be in pain? you can add a very small amount of whiskey to help her. Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom