"Innies", "Outies" and Other Childhood Quirks

I tried to be Superman several times. I tied a sheet around my neck as a cape and would jump from the top of our flight of stairs. Believe it or not - I jumped (and fell down all of those stairs) many times before I gave up on the fact that I wasn't going to fly.
D.gif

Although - I might not have given up had my mother not ruled out me being allowed upstairs without supervision.
lol.png

Kindergarten....1982!

Can't believe I was allowed to walk to school at 5 years old! Parents go to jail for that now! Maybe mine were hoping I wouldn't come back...just pack the kid a lunch in his He-Man lunch box and hope a family of wolves raises him.

I wore shoes with velcro straps on em. Cause I wasnt smart enough to learn how to tie my shoes. Now I wear the same velcro shoes cause I'm lazy. Girlfriend refuses to be seen in public with me in my velcro shoes and overalls.

Crapped my pants on my 1st day of school. Mom took me to school on that sultry august morning and showed me where my classroom was, but neglected to show her little baby boy where the bathroom was. I doubt mom had been home 10 minutes before Ms. Cole was phoning her to bring me up another pair of britches.

We played "the quiet game". Remember that? The object of the game....was to be quiet!! This game here was the beginning of a brilliant timeline of screwups in my life! Couldn't even be quiet without failing!

Show and Tell. I brought my dads car keys once. He had to call work and someone had to come pick him up. I ran around all day with my old man's keys in my pockets. When I got home, I put em back on the table where I found em that morning. Pops thought he was losing his mind. 29 years later, he has no clue. I think even at the age of 34, he'd still get the belt after me.

Except for the occassional pants crapping and having to clean up trash everyday, kindergarten was a breeze. Most everything I learned was in kindergarten. I sure didn't ever use algebra or cursive writing!

My youngest son has a super outie, doc said he had a tiny hernia so they left it long just in case-nurse said it is cause that is where they clamped it when he was born and they did not "clean it up"

Anyway, Remember Rugrats and if you had an outie you were a space alien......I think his brothers had him convinced and all the other kids wanted to see it. Gotta love big brothers

I was the quiet only child that wasn't allowed time with kids outside of school. Couldn't stand for my food to touch & sang or doodled anytime I could get away with it at school. Being isolated I formed a very strong connection with animals.

Back
Top Bottom