INSANE FLEAS!!!!!!!! *AKA: STUPIDEST CREATURES ON THE PLANET!*

14066349_120819120000.jpg

Only the one we have has aloe-vera in it. IT WORKS!
& for the cats
images

Our 10 yo got sick from this, but I think it is cause of her age, and we washed her with Dawn Dish soap to clean it off,
and she is better now!

It will work for a day, then it won't.

And I have treated MANY cats sick from Hartz products. Those products poison so many animals every year that if I call the ASPCA Poison Control for assistance and to report the illness, I don't have to pay for the call. Hartz does.

Your cat is lucky. I'm about as serious as a heart attack here.

It will work for a day, then it won't.

And I have treated MANY cats sick from Hartz products. Those products poison so many animals every year that if I call the ASPCA Poison Control for assistance and to report the illness, I don't have to pay for the call. Hartz does.

Your cat is lucky. I'm about as serious as a heart attack here.

I agree. Hartz is NOT SAFE. I've seen lots of cats poisoned by Hartz flea products, also. Some die, and the ones that live can often require days of intensive care and medications while hospitalized at the vet. Which generally results in a massive bill that could have been avoided if the owner had just purchased flea meds from the vet instead of the grocery store or pet store.

Cats are VERY fickle creatures. Their systems simply CANNOT tolerate certain chemicals that don't bother humans or dogs. What is safe for one species IS NOT always safe for another. Manufacturers for products sold by vets know this, but manufacturers of products sold outside vet clinics just don't care... As long as they can make a profit, they will sell unsafe products.

We have had fleas bad in our area this year, so far we have tried:
Frontline (for dogs and the cats)
flea collars
DE (yard)
Citrus Carpet powder
DE On the animals themselves
Flea dip from Petsmart
Carpet Spray
Citrus oil on the pets
Cedarwood Oil on the pets
Like 4 diff kinds of flea shampoos
Washing the bedding like every day
Vacuuming every day

NOTHING IS WORKING!!!!! We are getting bit like crazy my back is COVERED IN BITES from sitting on my BED!!!!!!!!!!
Tonight I read fleas hate lavender, so we got lav baby shampoo for the dogs, gave them a bath, and sprayed carpets/our beds/their beds with the glade lav night time stuff (the new stuff)

ANY SUGGESTIONS???????? Thanks!

Battling fleas on my dog too & know that I need to kill fleas in the yard first (source)-but fleas are attracted to light @ night, so for ur home, put a shallow container of water on the floor w/a light source just a few inches above it. The next morning u should see fleas in the water-I've used this method before myself.

Ask your vet about Trifexis. It is pretty expensive for 6 months worth, but one pill takes care of heart worm and flea treatment. I have two inside dogs who go out every time the door opens at my house and roam the where ever they want. I have a dotson and a chiuaua and believe it or not my wife has to have the small one in our bed. So I confronted my vet and asked to put the chiuaua on the best flea meds he had so after some discussion and blood work, he put the chiuaua on this Trifexis stuff. He has now been on it for about two years and we have virtually no fleas. The best part about it is both my dogs cuttle under their blankets on the floor during the day and cause they are always touching each other, the dotson doesn't have fleas either, and he isn't on any flea meds. I guess you can say we two for the price of one!

Back
Top Bottom