Inside or outside?

Everose

ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ʙᴏᴛʜ ʜᴀᴜɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏʟʏ.
Premium Feather Member
Jan 16, 2021
The Great Country of Texas
Yesterday, my roo escaped the coop and got into it with my feral rooster flock. He had minor injuries to his comb that have now scabbed over. No major tears. His eye is also injured.
I cleaned his comb with sterile saline wound wash, and applied painkiller free antibiotic cream. I also applied some opthalmic antibiotic to his eye. He was put into a warm dark area with only water for a few hours. He is now eating and drinking just fine.
I have Vetricyn antimicrobial poultry spray for his wound, and a dry coop to put him in. Is it safe to put him back outside or should I keep treating him indoors? He is crowing like crazy and seems a bit restless.

If his wounds are superficial and not attractive to the hens as something juicy to peck at, he would do much better back outside with his flock. Any superficial wound that might be a pecking target can be disguised with Blu-kote.

If his wounds are superficial and not attractive to the hens as something juicy to peck at, he would do much better back outside with his flock. Any superficial wound that might be a pecking target can be disguised with Blu-kote.
Thank you😁
I have a big bottle of that on hand. He's got one or two ugly spots on his comb so I'll give him a spritz just to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom