Interior Coop Pics

Pics
Hi, Here is my roost, poop tray, nest box set up in our 10' x 12' hen house.

69010_coop-new_roost-girls_pics_002.jpg

I love, love, love Fireguy56's interior, and plan to model my upgrades after that, with the pooptrays above the nestbox openings and a choice of roosts up higher than everything else (a few of my chickens love to be the highest beings in the universe). But here's mine, currently, though this pic was from April:

25976_p120111_1553.jpg

...and the whole 6ftX6ft coop:

25976_06232010766.jpg

The dumb thing here, is the chickens exit via the big door, walk around to the hoop run and then we lock up the hoop run if we're leaving them outside for awhile unsupervised. You can't tell we got the chickens THEN wondered how to house them, can you?
tongue.png

Plastic nest boxes now, replaced the wooden ones infested with mites. The panelled walls are photographed to look like wood, but are plasticky, intended for use in basement remodels, and are mold resistant. They were on sale, end-cap returns at Lowes'. The few wooden bits still exposed are washed regularly with Adams Flea and Tick dog shampoo, dried and dusted with permethrin poultry and garden dust. Mites and fleas are big problems in our river valley, wooded region of northern Illinois.

Here are some pics of mine:

Decided to make our coop look somewhat like a playhouse. ( In case we ever decide to sell, a buyer could convert to playhouse or whatever)
66234_img_0840.jpg

North wall with a/c added this summer. I live in Sunny Arizona!!
66234_img_1375.jpg

East and south wall
66234_img_0843.jpg

West wall: very plain and I needed to do something
66234_img_2742.jpg

Am working on a mural... still need to add to it and finish it up. Still a work in progress.
66234_img_3380.jpg

66234_img_3379.jpg

Ok here is mine........... now granted it's not a purdy little doll house coop designed for just a few birds but if your planning a decent sized coop or are planning for expansion this may help, I built it myself to suit what I needed out of it.

AL

Feed and equipment storage area.
10364_img_0392.jpg

10364_img_1404.jpg

east wall Pen entrances
10364_img_0394.jpg

A grow out pen
10364_img_0398.jpg

View to other pens at a different angle.
10364_img_0397.jpg

Alleyway
10364_img_1022.jpg

Breeder pen's
10364_img_1020.jpg

Another inside angle
10364_img_1403.jpg

Layer coop interior all under the same roof.
10364_img_1519.jpg

Here's the service area.
49067_img_8303.jpg

Covered run. Added a small coop for two D'Uccle hens along the back wall of the run.
Two pop doors so I can partition off a section under the poop board and put chickens there
while they're growing out, have a wire pen that I set up on the run side for them. I've
found more ways to squeeze more chickens into the same square footage!!
lol.png

49067_img_1345.jpg
49067_img_8735.jpg

Inside view before the nest boxes were installed, and after. Proud of them since I built them myself!
49067_img_7449.jpg
49067_img_8302.jpg

Had a thought about poop boards...

A friend of mine gave me a cage for my 2 older chickens. I didn't want to use a wire bottom and a piece of plywood would not fit through the door so I bought a couple of rubber bathtub mats (with the suction cups on the bottom) and put them on the bottom over the wire floor and then covered them with pine shavings. This can be done for poop boards too, without having to worry about trays sliding around. They can be easily rolled up, dumped out and hosed off for cleaning. Just a thought.

love.gif
All of these sparkling clean, pristine interiors are beautiful.

barnie.gif
But, I am done following this thread!!

I don't know how you all do it?? Poopless chickens?? Every other day I take a drywall putty knife and literally scrape off the poo from my roosts and poop boards. Every week or two I have to scrub poo from the ceilings all down the walls. Do you re-paint every day??

It is just too depressing to admire your impossibly clean coops and then head out to find poopy splatters on the walls that I just scrubbed.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom