Internal pip - Shadowing/any signs?

wafflesalt

In the Brooder
Feb 17, 2023
Hi all,
On my alt, (*again*)
So I needed help on comfirming something.

When a chick internally pips, you should see a beak pecking, right?
Well, I see a waning cresent sort of half circle (sometimes half half of a circle) just touching the air sac, sometimes goes a bit further up the air sac, exactly were the beak should be.

Does the shadow move?
Yes.

Thats what I am really confused about..
All help appretiated!!

Hold the egg up to your ear u should hear the pecking. If not that just means it hasn’t made it through the air cell yet so relax make sure u put the egg back right as it was otherwise the chicks can get a bit disoriented and start zipping in the wrong place. It can take 48 hours from the internal zip to pip stage so don’t worry as long as the humidity is right for hatching it should be 65-75 % and temperature 37 degrees Celsius (sorry not sure in F) all is well.

Hold the egg up to your ear u should hear the pecking. If not that just means it hasn’t made it through the air cell yet so relax make sure u put the egg back right as it was otherwise the chicks can get a bit disoriented and start zipping in the wrong place. It can take 48 hours from the internal zip to pip stage so don’t worry as long as the humidity is right for hatching it should be 65-75 % and temperature 37 degrees Celsius (sorry not sure in F) all is well.
Thanks!! I haven't heard anything yet. I'll update soon

Screenshot_20230304-200422_Gmail.jpg

doesn't look like an internal pip yet but getting close. you will see the triangle of the beak inside the air cell (the brightest part). before that you may see a darker section that changes around which is shadowing, them pushing on it getting ready to internally pip. you will hear them peeping at times once they internally pip.

Back
Top Bottom