Internal pip to external pip

Sunshinechickies

Songster
Jan 17, 2023
Hi all! I’m currently on the evening of day 20 with my very first batch of eggs (silkies) in the incubator. :D They have been internally pipped for about 9 hours as far as I am aware of.. but I was out for a while so could have been longer. I was wondering about when should they externally pip… I know that there can’t be a promised answer but I can’t help but be so impatient! Just can’t wait to meet these little chicks! I’m not worried yet, but when should I be?

I was wondering if this pip is ok? It seems that it did not break through the membrane. It has been pipped for almost six hours and it was a lot smaller a few hours ago… does this count as zipping? Sorry for all the questions, i’m definitely a newbie! 😬
5D14B65E-F7C2-4615-8F2F-31EF57CE4CD4.png

by the way- the photo is kind of blurry but the line above it is the mark where the air cell was before lockdown. The other line near the white that looks like it could be pencil is a small crack the chick made. She just cracked another piece of egg, I believe she is zipping but she is going across the long way?

Back
Top Bottom