International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

split wings . photos from French Marans book { LA MARANS }
P1120959.JPG

chooks man

here few photos from the French book { LA MARANS la poule aux oeufs extra -roux }
black copper cockerel hackle ,you can see it when they are fighting .
for me I let them them check each other out through the fence they open they hackle . best way to look at .
View attachment 2230751View attachment 2230753
you can see it is all black from underside .

chooks man
On the BC cockerels when you can see gray then they will have parasitic white later?

On the BC cockerels when you can see gray then they will have parasitic white later?

what age are those cockerels you talking about?
gray is not white .
some BC have grayish/black or lighter black under fluff ,that is not parasitic white .
SOP call for a pure Black under fluff .but there is many shades of Black . SOP does not have a clear stand on this point .
pure black under fluff will give a green sheen to the black plumage .
grayish/black under fluff will give black plumage without green sheen .

chooks man

what age are those cockerels you talking about?
gray is not white .
some BC have grayish/black or lighter black under fluff ,that is not parasitic white .
SOP call for a pure Black under fluff .but there is many shades of Black . SOP does not have a clear stand on this point .
pure black under fluff will give a green sheen to the black plumage .
grayish/black under fluff will give black plumage without green sheen .

chooks man
I was looking at Black Jack and Ace last night. They are about 12 weeks old. Looking for white but only gray that I could see. I have another question. What if I don't get a BC rooster without parasitic white but I get a BLC without white?

I was looking at Black Jack and Ace last night. They are about 12 weeks old. Looking for white but only gray that I could see. I have another question. What if I don't get a BC rooster without parasitic white but I get a BLC without white?

too young for parasitic white .
true parasitic white ,is any white that shows up after the first molt .
BLC or BC as long as they free from any parasitic white will do .

if you want to breed the parasitic white out of your line ,you have to be patient ,because you need to wait for they first molt to see who is really free from any white .that is going to take time .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom