International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

I was thinking of keeping this one for a little while and see how he ends up. See if he has white.

20200722_194214.jpg

Chooksman, I have 4 BLC cockerels 14 weeks old. I think I will keep 1 of them. He has nice Copper. The rest I can butcher? They already have lighter hackle feathers. I am thinking of butchering them at about 18 weeks old. I have 3 with this lighter hackle and saddle feathers.

View attachment 2258225

agree with you
we want BC cockerels .easier to fix and to work with .
chooks man

I was thinking of keeping this one for a little while and see how he ends up. See if he has white.

View attachment 2258231

he look good . late to color up . is he the best ?
I think you should forget about BLC cockerels and focus on BC /you are limited in space .

I will love to keep BLC pullets not cockerels .they will not do any good to you in your breeding program .
chooks man

he look good . late to color up . is he the best ?
I think you should forget about BLC cockerels and focus on BC /you are limited in space .

I will love to keep BLC pullets not cockerels .they will not do any good to you in your breeding program .
chooks man
I think he is the best BLC so far. I just thought I would hold on to the one to see if he ended up free of white. Not that I will use him.

Back
Top Bottom