International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

IMG_20200914_083408021.jpg
love the tail shape on this cockerel, he's in the running for keeper. Also, sun is tinted today so everything will have a slight orange tint (for my loss)
IMG_20200914_083035382.jpg
IMG_20200914_083024331.jpg
another black silver next to Albedo, nice full pattern no copper bleed through
IMG_20200914_082945098.jpg
IMG_20200914_082958891.jpg
this blue silver may be darker blue ( I'm still upset about loosing last year's blue boy, he was stunning) but he's got the pattern and he stands out in a crowd.
These are cockerels so far in the running to avoid the rotisserie.

View attachment 2333251 love the tail shape on this cockerel, he's in the running for keeper. Also, sun is tinted today so everything will have a slight orange tint (for my loss)
View attachment 2333252View attachment 2333255another black silver next to Albedo, nice full pattern no copper bleed through
View attachment 2333256View attachment 2333257this blue silver may be darker blue ( I'm still upset about loosing last year's blue boy, he was stunning) but he's got the pattern and he stands out in a crowd.
They are looking good. With all the fires it has been thick with smoke here for the last several days. It puts off a funny yellow orange glow. Hard to get good pictures.

shame he has a golden hackle . but he did what he had to do . his son Dark angel is a fine example .

in theory we should breed him back to his daughter to reinforce the trait of good tail ,but he has a golden hackle ,that will be reinforced too if we breed him back to his daughter .

long back with low tail will always be dominant again short back /high tail .

thanks for sharing .
chooks man

I do Duke very much .

I like him too. He is a very gentle cock bird and is easy on the hens. He isn't the least bit aggressive. It is too bad he has such poor quality copper because his type is lovely. He is a massive bird. The photo doesn't do his size justice.

Hopefully Dark Angel and Dark Halo's chicks are a step forward this year. Only time will tell as they grow out. :)

View attachment 2333251 love the tail shape on this cockerel, he's in the running for keeper. Also, sun is tinted today so everything will have a slight orange tint (for my loss)
View attachment 2333252View attachment 2333255another black silver next to Albedo, nice full pattern no copper bleed through
View attachment 2333256View attachment 2333257this blue silver may be darker blue ( I'm still upset about loosing last year's blue boy, he was stunning) but he's got the pattern and he stands out in a crowd.

Beautiful Black Silvers - you’ve done well!!

I like all 3 silver Black .they have a lot going for them ,they are not free from fault .but man ,the quality of the silver on the first cockerel is priceless .
Cockerel #1 . love his body type ,wich his back was a little longer and full of lancets . his silver is out of this world . pure white silver with this black flame .,full and complete hackle .
his comb let him down . his tail could be a little lower .it is accepted @ 60 Degree like this cockerel ,but prefered to be 45 Degrees .
I just love his Silver .if I had him I will breed him just for that trait . so great to see pure silver .

Cockerel #2 . I like this guy a lot lot . almost complete . love his long strong neck ,his correct head . gorgeous small comb { true marans head }.
love his silver { love to see photos of him in proper light .not sun set .
love his small well angled tail .
love his long lancet filling up all his back .

Cockerel#3 .little one .love his head and gorgeous comb . too far to see well .

I tell you my friend you have done great . you birchen line now really look Birchen . pure silver . need work here and there ,but the most important thing is done .true Silver Black.

Blue birchen is very long . need more photos .
chooks man

I like him too. He is a very gentle cock bird and is easy on the hens. He isn't the least bit aggressive. It is too bad he has such poor quality copper because his type is lovely. He is a massive bird. The photo doesn't do his size justice.

Hopefully Dark Angel and Dark Halo's chicks are a step forward this year. Only time will tell as they grow out. :)

yes .time will tell .
I put my money on Dark Angel . we only have to deal dark eyes .more easier to breed out . plus I just love his priceless copper .

chooks man

Thank you! It's really Chooksman and all of you guys. I appreciate you all. I learn more everyday.

we did the talk ,you my friend did a heavy lifting .
you are very good @ applying the advice we gave you .
some people don t listen at all .they ask but they end up doing what they like .

when come to breeding marans .you have no ego . you just want to breed a correct marans chooks ,and you where willing to do what have to be done .BRAVO

chooks man

some photos of the hooks . 50 pullets are going to my friend tomorrow .
selected some stunning chooks , but I end up keeping a lot 101 marans pullets all different varieties and 29 F1 Marneck cross . kept all my cockerels/roosters 55 total .

my youngest group #6 kept all 21 pullets .lost a lot of this group .9 BLC .3 BC .1 Black and 6 Splash copper .
moved them to a different coop .larger hen house and a close run ,
P1130227.JPG
P1130228.JPG
P1130231.JPG
P1130225.JPG
P1130236.JPG

happy with them all .
hatched Sunday December 15th 2019 . hey are 8 months old today . all laying .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom