International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

BC pullet .2 of them group#6 .
151 .best BC pullet I ever had .complete package . Sired by Import line cockerel X Liza s BLC hen . name her = Foundation
P1130232.JPG
P1130225.JPG

second pullet is stunning too . her abdomen is not as large as Foundation .
this pullet has a better hackle ,complete . plus super friendly .she chat all time . sired by BLC cockerel X Liza s 2nd BLC hen . she is half sister to Foundation . same line
I name this one = Madonna
P1130223.JPG
P1130235.JPG

both lay dark eggs number #6.
chooks man

BLC pullet group #6 . dark Blue . she broke her wing when she was 6 months old .now she is fine ,but some white feathers start to show in a same spot . damaged feathers . hope so .
love her hackle marking and her copper quality .correct big body type like the rest of this group .all chunky and long . she is a true sister to BC pullet Foundation .name her Nafertiti .
lay dark #6 eggs .oval shape . after 60 days of laying the egg color dropped to #5 but larger now over 70g
P1130229.JPG

chooks man

Splash copper pullet 11 months old .sired by Khabib over Kako .lay shiny dark egg #6 for a long time .her eggs are still #6 after4 months laying . nice comb is like her sire . big and correct body type like her Dam . name her Kako#2 .
I have her true sister look exactly like her { we put green tug on this one so we can make a difference between them . her sister name is Khabiba
P1130261.JPG

chooks man

BLC pullet one year old today .biggest one in my farm . correct body type and head . she doesn t have much copper .but that is not important to me because she is sired by Black Mamba { Solid Black split copper } her mother is Dalakhania . my older dark egg layer .
she is actually bigger than her Dam .
I have many different cockerels to breed her too .
name her BabyKhania .

Attachments

• P1130282.JPG
    P1130282.JPG
    525.8 KB · Views: 1
This may seem like a foolish question, but I'll ask anyways. What color of eggs do Marans lay? I think I heard some lay dark brown and others lay another color? I might be getting them mixed up with Olive Eggers.

no question is foolish .
marans lay dark chocolate brown egg minimum in number 4 in color chart .
@RoosterML post the color chart few post back yesterday .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom