International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

I am looking at records. I think 2 BC & 1 Blcm pullet from Jasper and Storm. One BLC from Jasper X Pearl. Might be more but will have to check bands and figure it out. Not sure on blaze and Pearl. I will find out!

BC from Jasper X storm sound interesting
BLC from Jasper X Pearl is interesting too .

chooks man

BC from Jasper X storm sound interesting
BLC from Jasper X Pearl is interesting too .

chooks man
Chooksman, I am sorry but it's going to be quite some time before I have time to figure things out. I need to go check bands and sort them. Way too much going on now. They are dropping 6 huge trees now and then we do all the clean up. Plus fixing the damage from the tree falling on the house. It's crazy buisy.

Chooksman, I am sorry but it's going to be quite some time before I have time to figure things out. I need to go check bands and sort them. Way too much going on now. They are dropping 6 huge trees now and then we do all the clean up. Plus fixing the damage from the tree falling on the house. It's crazy buisy.

good luck with your work .
chooks man

here 2 dark eggs from my 2 pullets 11 months old in a week time .
BLC dark Angel .larger egg
solid Black Zorytta
P1130406.JPG
P1130407.JPG

chooks man

Well last week an owl got my silver salmon hen. Now what? I have a nice black copper hen, and the silver salmon rooster, would that give me golden salmon or just a mess?
20200620_152734.jpg

I have been looking around for wheaten but it's a bit too late in the year for that. If I order eggs then that sets me back a whole year. His fertility is still excellent but he is going on 4.

Attachments

• 20201024_091412.jpg
    20201024_091412.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 11
Well last week an owl got my silver salmon hen. Now what? I have a nice black copper hen, and the silver salmon rooster, would that give me golden salmon or just a mess?View attachment 2401850
I have been looking around for wheaten but it's a bit too late in the year for that. If I order eggs then that sets me back a whole year. His fertility is still excellent but he is going on 4.

sorry to hear that .we always lose the one we need most .way of life .
BCM pullet is absolutely stunning .
crossing it to a solver salmon is not a easy work ,will take you years of selective breeding and a lot of culls to produce a golden salmon , golden cuckoo .

will take you less time to find her a good BCM cockerel,even from hatched eggs . you have plenty of time .she has to pass her first birthday to be bred from ,cockerel can breed at very young age 4 or 5 month old . .because she is correct , good pullet to start your line from it ,

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom