International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Chooks man

Free Ranging
Nov 12, 2015
Australia NSW
This will be my upcoming fear.
And that is why we are all here.
For the encouragement and wise advice.

I know i would not be able to choose or breed properly without you fine folks.
don t fear any thing it is just chooks .
don t send your fear to the cosmos ,send positive energy and good thinking maybe you will get answers .fear will not get you nothing .

chooks man

marchick

Crowing
Sep 19, 2013
Washington State
good move
chooks man
Thank you Chooksman, It was difficult I almost kept one BC and one BLCM. They where nice but I was afraid of that long tail would keep popping up. It didn't appear their main tail feathers where in yet. They where 4 1/2 months old. There was one BLC that lost a wing band. I had no idea who she came from. There was a chance she was from Violet so she went also. I had to close my eyes and put them in the cage. I am glad it was only my husband with me when I was deciding. I am sure the look on my face when I cringed, and put them inside was something else. Lol :th

Last edited:

chickengr

Free Ranging
Dec 29, 2014
greece
I have to believe that karma will pay that cheater a visit someday! So sorry this happened to you and the gentleman who imported the chicks.

luckily God is above all!

my girl is a true green layer. I will put her with a pure cream legbar roo and work on creating cuckoo legbars. when life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

the company that created these hybrids crossed back legbars to leghorns and plymouth rocks to increase egg and meat production. as leghorns and rocks have already been used in creating legbars it is not as bad. all of girls that lay green eggs with shells green inside/outside will be put with pure legbar roos. I just need to find one that is pure.

chickengr

Free Ranging
Dec 29, 2014
greece
Chicken fraud is real.
This is awful.
So there is nowhere else in Greece to get some?

cuckoo legbars do not exist. yet. I hoped they have been a project.

I lived in italy for a few years. I forgot that they mostly trade. even their production is based on imported parts. warning: some of bed linen made in italy is chinese cheap fabrics.

Last edited:

Chooks man

Free Ranging
Nov 12, 2015
Australia NSW
Thank you Chooksman, It was difficult I almost kept one BC and one BLCM. They where nice but I was afraid of that long tail would keep popping up. It didn't appear their main tail feathers where in yet. They where 4 1/2 months old. There was one BLC that lost a wing band. I had no idea who she came from. There was a chance she was from Violet so she went also. I had to close my eyes and put them in the cage. I am glad it was only my husband with me when I was deciding. I am sure the look on my face when I cringed, and put them inside was something else. Lol :th
if you are going to keep breeding chooks to a highest level ,than you need to toughen up .or just have layer .never mind breeding .you can have as many chooks as you like for as long as you want them ,same flock for years .
do what make you happy .

chooks man.

Top Bottom