International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Now since y'all are my only chicken friends I have to share an amazing story, you may not believe me but it is true. A little over a month ago I lost a Partridge Rock hen, Today I heard a noise when I was gathering eggs. I thought it was in the second coop, looked around nothing. I went behind the coops where I keep all the fencing, garden stuff etc. I heard the noise coming from under a planter pot. I was nervous about lifting it so I pushed it over with my foot. There was my missing hen! Please tell me how she has survived so long!

Now since y'all are my only chicken friends I have to share an amazing story, you may not believe me but it is true. A little over a month ago I lost a Partridge Rock hen, Today I heard a noise when I was gathering eggs. I thought it was in the second coop, looked around nothing. I went behind the coops where I keep all the fencing, garden stuff etc. I heard the noise coming from under a planter pot. I was nervous about lifting it so I pushed it over with my foot. There was my missing hen! Please tell me how she has survived so long!
I believe in miracles!

@marchick when you have time please can you few photos of your BC hens ,I love to see how they look like ,haven t seen photos of them as adult yet .
cheers
chooks man
Pink and blue leg band.

Attachments

• 20230205_122529.jpg
    20230205_122529.jpg
    494.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230205_123259.jpg
    20230205_123259.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230205_122518.jpg
    20230205_122518.jpg
    482.5 KB · Views: 3
This last girl I didn't get good pictures of and it was cold out she was huddling. Double orange tag I think. Mud makes it difficult to tell orange, faded red and pink leg bands apart. She has the best comb. She has the least copper. That's the only 3 BC that I have.

Attachments

• 20230205_122910.jpg
    20230205_122910.jpg
    620.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230205_122931.jpg
    20230205_122931.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230205_122852.jpg
    20230205_122852.jpg
    603.4 KB · Views: 2
I know we don't want to breed Blcm. I have one blcm hen that lays these eggs. I would love to pass that gene on. I love the shape, color and speckles. I am not sure which hen but I am going to find out. What do you think? I will try to get pictures of BC hens here soon. Today is raining so probably tomorrow.
The hen responsible for those eggs is going no where . Agree with you we have to breed her. Find out who is she take photos of her and we will design breeding program specific for her. She will be the foundation of dark eggs layer future flock. Well happy for you . Bravo
Chooks man

This last girl I didn't get good pictures of and it was cold out she was huddling. Double orange tag I think. Mud makes it difficult to tell orange, faded red and pink leg bands apart. She has the best comb. She has the least copper. That's the only 3 BC that I have.
I m not around my laptop for the moment . Working outside . I will comment on them later this evening. Thanks for posting.
Chooks man

I bought 12 chicks - Little Peddler. I lost all but 6, three pullets and three cockerels. I will add pics when I have a little time. Thank you, I like him too. He is 10 months old. He is the only cockerel I kept.
are you saying the chooks you postted photos of them with a lot white on them are from LP line ?
chooks man

This is the hen with the M comb. She is a big girl and I really like her. Except for the comb. She has the best color of the three BC hens. White and orange leg band.
she is big .long and chuncky with gorgeous tail ,long flat back free from any indesirable fluff { cushion type } deep chest and she is low to the ground ,she need more copper but she has enough , M comb is an easy fix ,I like very much,
chooks man

Back
Top Bottom