International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Kayla,

I’ve noticed that my pullets eggs are slightly larger than their Dams also. Not sure why that is.

My breeder girls finally started laying this week so I’m gonna get the incubator set up.

Keith

Maybe they inherited larger egg size from their sire? Forward Progress!

I am getting quite a few Marans eggs a day now and it makes me very happy. This is about 5 days worth of eggs! :D

The ones in the yellow turner I am saving to set. The ones in the cartons are from my big marans coop for egg customers. I am cleaning them out now that the Legbar is out and Apollo is now in with them. :)

20180210_230324.jpg
20180211_002407.jpg

@kfelton0002 I really like FFF too, what about the Roo AND the hen together? Make her smaller & fit her beside him kinda half behind or 1/4 behind. I don’t know, just thinking she is super cute too & you probably will have both for sale? Love the logo & title either way :)

Thanks for your input! Yeah that might look cool too! I will play with it some more. I really dont plan on selling much right now until I get my lines closer to standard. I may sell a few later or sell culls as layers that I dont need for now. I am still just in the planning phase and concentrating more on quality breeding as opposed to producing birds to sell. I really want to produce decent show birds and my dream is to make a name for myself simply for having well bred birds. I dont plan on mass producing, but I would like to help sponsor kids for 4H and get new breeders started. I have a friend close that wants to add Marans to her farm. She breeds and shows Standard Old English Games and we have really hit it off and she has given me a lot of great advice. I am giving her some Marans eggs as soon as I have my big pen cleaned out and have a couple dozen eggs to give her so she has plenty to cull through. I believe in helping people get started the way breeders have helped me. Sorry to ramble! Lol. :D

Maybe they inherited larger egg size from their sire? Forward Progress!

I am getting quite a few Marans eggs a day now and it makes me very happy. This is about 5 days worth of eggs! :D

The ones in the yellow turner I am saving to set. The ones in the cartons are from my big marans coop for egg customers. I am cleaning them out now that the Legbar is out and Apollo is now in with them. :)

View attachment 1263718 View attachment 1263719

Maybe so...we know the Rooster plays a big part in the dark egg genes so maybe he also passes on genes for shape and sheen. However it happens I’ll take it.

I can’t wait to see what comes out of that egg with Wilson on it! :lau

Keith

@kfelton0002 I really like FFF too, what about the Roo AND the hen together? Make her smaller & fit her beside him kinda half behind or 1/4 behind. I don’t know, just thinking she is super cute too & you probably will have both for sale? Love the logo & title either way :)

this sounds great!

roo would look like a real protector of the flock!

Back
Top Bottom