International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

LL

From this photos he seem to carry his tail nice .
watch him and see if he changes the way he carries his tail during the day time went he is walking NOT relaxed .

photos aren t always enough by them selves need high light them .

chooks man
I do believe he has wry tail, however it often appears perfectly normal.

Now that you mention it, it does only look weird when he is walking. Perhaps he is favoring a leg or something.

Chooksman,
I would really need to study this to understand well, but quickly, by year 5 will each strain only produce its own variety?

Hey Chooks man and Red Banks I know this is a Marans thread but I have a question on breeding. I have Dominique Rooster in with my Easter Eggers their kids are now just laying. They are in a seperate coop with all brown layer so I know the eggs are theirs. They are laying olive colored egg so would they be considered Olive eggers. EE are laying green and blue tint eggs.

Yeah Chickengr I ll explain to you to to recreate Silver Cuckoo / Golden cuckoo /Birchen marans from 1 BCM rooster .1 BCM hen and 1 Silver cuckoo hen.

with this trio we can recreate what we want without adding any thing to them for the first 5 years.

YEAR 1 = mate the BCM rooster to the silver cuckoo hen and a BC hen = hatch about 25 chicks from each pair as F1 progeny
BC X BC = 100% BCM =choose the good 1 cockerels and 3 pullets
BC rooster X Silver cuckoo hen = F1 progeny all the pullets are BCM and a cockerels are Gold/Silver Dark bared cuckoo . we select a best cockerel and 3 best pullets.

YEAR2 ( next year ).
BCM = mate the pullet to they sire to produce inbred line 75% of the sire genes .F2 BCPure
BCM = we mate the cockerel we kept with his Dam to produce 75% inbred Dam line .F2 BCPure Pullet
F1 Hybrid = we mate the best Gold/Silver cockerel we kept with his sister F1 BCopper = we get F2 very interesting progeny .
this F2 progeny will have 12.5% silver cuckoo pullets we keep the best 3 pullets. they are F2 SC
12.5% Golden cuckoo pullets.we keep the best 3 pullets. F2 GC
12.5% Birchen pullets .we keep the best 3 pullets.F2 Birchen
12.5% Black copper pullets. we don t keep those one .
Cockerels = 12. 5% impure Silver/Golen cuckoo . we keep the best cockerel he ll be F2 SC
12.5% golden cuckoo .we keep the best cockerel . he ll be F2 GC
12.5% Black copper .we don t keep those one .
12.5% impure silver/Golden Birchen. we keep the best cockerel . he ll be F2 Birchen.

YEAR 3 = very exiting year the start of line breeding;
BCM = Cockerel line we mate the Sire ( who is a grand sire now) to his grand daughter F2 BCPure =to produce F3 pure Cockerels We don t keep the pullets this time only the best cockerel BCPure F3
BCM = Pullets line we mate the Dam ( who is a grand Dam now) ho her grand son F2 BCPure Pullet = we produce F3 pure pullets We don t keep the cockerels this time only the best 3 pullets F3 BC pure Pullets
HYBRID=
SC = we mate the F2 SC pullets to SC impure Silver/Golden cockerel - to produce F3 SC 25% will be pure Silver cuckoo can breed true .
GC = we Mate the F2 GC to a Black copper hen = F3 50% BC and 50% Golden cuckoo
GC = we can mate the F2 GC pullets to A BC rooster = F3 50% each
Birchen = we mate F2 Birchen pullets to F2 impure Silver/Golden Birchen cokerel = F3 50% pure Birchen they breed true from now on

YEAR 4 =
we do the final crossing to establish the traits .
we mate the F3 Silver Cuckoo between them selves to produce F4, for one more time and we see if we need to outcross them ot=r keeping them pure
We mate the Golden cuckoo between them selves to produce F4.
Birchen We mate them together to produce F4 pure Birchen .

YEAR 5 = We ll have a Black copper marans strain
We ll have a Silver Cuckoo Marans strain
We ll have a Golden Cuckoo Maran strain
We ll have a Birchen Marans strain

EST VOILA very simple .study work . 25 chicks minimum of each cross to be on the safe side .
we can move forward any cross we like OR get ready of the cross we don t like .

Hope this information we help some body to recreate new strain rather than waiting for some body else to breed them or import them from France they aren t any of this exotic strain in France only Monique and a Syndicat have them ( the Golden Cuckoo only Monique left )

I m on YEAR 3 = that why I have a lot colorful chooks they are F2 /F3 / and pure

chooks man
thank you for this great information. I have already saved the notes.

today raining days all the chooks stayed in ,a good chance to worm them . I gave them Piperazime 80 ml to 10.5 l for 100 bird almost 100 ml of medicated water by adult chooks .

tooks them about 5 hours to finish all the medicated water . hens and roosters.

the hens are given a new feed from last week start . SHOWBIRD BREEDER MP @ 17 % protein plus a grain mix as a treat in the morning went I open the coop to encourage them to go out

the rooster are given 2 type of grains mixed .1 @ 12 % protein the other @ 15% protein plus a cracked Corn .

tomorrow I m going a give them GOD LIVE OIL mix in they drinking water good for them as a vitamin boost for 5 days.

they start to look good now and laying more 34 /36 egg now better size and color.

I lost 2 more hens one last year breeder Black hen the other a F2 Silver wheaten still have one Cream leg bar not doing well .

the rest are healthy as they can bee.

chooks man

sorry for your losses. I hope the rest will be fine and get used to their new place.

Hey Chooks man and Red Banks I know this is a Marans thread but I have a question on breeding. I have Dominique Rooster in with my Easter Eggers their kids are now just laying. They are in a seperate coop with all brown layer so I know the eggs are theirs. They are laying olive colored egg so would they be considered Olive eggers. EE are laying green and blue tint eggs.

olive eggers are not a breed so I guess any bird that lays olive eggs is considered olive egger.

Chooksman,
I would really need to study this to understand well, but quickly, by year 5 will each strain only produce its own variety?

By Year 5 they will be true breeding inbred stock .each variety will be true breeders .
from this year on we can outcross them if we need to fix few fault or if we are happy about them than we keep them pure strain for ever . No need this new blood story thing . Chooks like all the other bird they do better when inbred .

chooks man

I do believe he has wry tail, however it often appears perfectly normal.

Now that you mention it, it does only look weird when he is walking. Perhaps he is favoring a leg or something.

that what I m trying to find out if he got the complete Wry tail genes or just some of it ( Wry tail is not one gene it is a group of genes still most of them are not mapped out. in the genome sequence .

if he only carries it side way wen he is walking then he is just carry a little parasitic infection wen the tail where grouping that all .not from his real genome .witch is good.

we have to observe our chooks to see how they are put together .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom