International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Yes. Near impossible to show true colour as you see it with a photo. Hope as u try to lighten up those hackles you don’t lose that great egg colour.
One of my neighbours that I gave some eggs to earlier this year just got some LP eggs in the incubator. Hoping she may have an extra decent cockerel later on. All the eggs look like 8’s

One of my neighbours that I gave some eggs to earlier this year just got some LP eggs in the incubator. Hoping she may have an extra decent cockerel later on. All the eggs look like 8’s
After reading on the Little Peddler page it turn out they get their stock from Monique in France. I’m assuming that’s the same person Chooks Man talks about

Yes. Near impossible to show true colour as you see it with a photo. Hope as u try to lighten up those hackles you don’t lose that great egg colour.
She is the only hen I have with that hackle. The rest have copper hackles and some of them lay much darker than she does.

After reading on the Little Peddler page it turn out they get their stock from Monique in France. I’m assuming that’s the same person Chooks Man talks about

Yes... Monique is the Marans woman of the world, she is the top. She gave them to LP as a gift.

An LP cockerel will be great. I was given one last year but we (Chooks man) decided I was already ahead of him. The pictures she takes of them are so beautiful.

I was thinking about the our conversations concerning the differences in the interpretation of the SOP. It doesn't matter where a Marans happens to be, which country, it is still a Marans. Their country of origin France. So in my mind I have to follow the French SOP..... and hope my interpretation of it keeps me headed in the right direction.

Keepers #1
8917547C-870B-4E62-B532-366DA1BC7F41.jpeg Keepers #2
59C3FB41-81B9-490D-9E23-96E3843C438E.jpeg 8DDA13CD-36BB-4A8A-835B-C3CA562E1E72.jpeg
Right choice? #2 is a fair bit smaller than 1 although I like the way his comb looks and he’s starting to colour very nice I think.

Back
Top Bottom