International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

a secret my friend is to keep breeding ,year in ,year out .and each year fix some thing and try to breed some thing out .
if you do that one day you ll have gorgeous chooks line .faultless ,well bred .not just look good for the show to please the judges .

chooks man

thank you for all this precious information.

I don't think I will ever show birds but I would like to have quality birds. I can see that I already have some quality marans: egg colour and shape, mass is improving, most of them have orange eyes, cockerels nice coloured (not perfect), some pullets with nice hackles,etc.

who can stop me now?

here some photos of Tobambezi ( Zambezi X Toby ) young rooster 0ne week shy from his first birth day .
Big solid rooster . his comb let me down . a little bigger and has a double point at the end .
I can live with that .
his colors are only getting better every day .still on the dark side .
View attachment 1192193 View attachment 1192198 View attachment 1192200
this is a body type I want to breed true in all my marans cockerels all varieties ..
ELEGANCE and VIGOR
couple weeks to go and the eggs from his pen will go to the incubator . he is penned with his half sister ( all sired by my Zambezi ) line breeding half sibling method of breeding .
nothing will be added to this line tell the end of my farming days .
a same pullets will be mated to Norambezi ( his half brother) and Massai Mara etc.....
the pullets come from 6 hens and the cockerel are from 3 hens .

I ll cross this pullets to Djabel s sons K2 and Everest to form other parallel line

years of work is going to be put in to form the SUBLIME BCM LINE.

I do not buy chooks any more but I make them by they 1000 all marans

chooks man

Beautiful! Isn't Norambezi the one I like so much?

here some photos of Tobambezi ( Zambezi X Toby ) young rooster 0ne week shy from his first birth day .
Big solid rooster . his comb let me down . a little bigger and has a double point at the end .
I can live with that .
his colors are only getting better every day .still on the dark side .
View attachment 1192193 View attachment 1192198 View attachment 1192200
this is a body type I want to breed true in all my marans cockerels all varieties ..
ELEGANCE and VIGOR
couple weeks to go and the eggs from his pen will go to the incubator . he is penned with his half sister ( all sired by my Zambezi ) line breeding half sibling method of breeding .
nothing will be added to this line tell the end of my farming days .
a same pullets will be mated to Norambezi ( his half brother) and Massai Mara etc.....
the pullets come from 6 hens and the cockerel are from 3 hens .

I ll cross this pullets to Djabel s sons K2 and Everest to form other parallel line

years of work is going to be put in to form the SUBLIME BCM LINE.

I do not buy chooks any more but I make them by they 1000 all marans

chooks man
Tombezi is phenomenal looking bird. Great body and posture.

Tombezi is phenomenal looking bird. Great body and posture.

that why I like him a lot .
I see a lot goofy marans rooster and I don t like that .I wanted to breed the classical robust farm chooks ,strong and Elegant .with a great body and posture .

select a well proportioned hen /hens if you want to breed Elegance .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom