International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

img_20171209_201240-jpg.1205674

@kfelton0002
you done well .
they are very nice .Keep this line pure .don t ad any thing to it ,never mind the show .

those eggs are of high quality ,she is just started . good girl .

one day in the future will be very proud of your line . work with it slowly .don t rush the thing . be a breeder first not a show person and start to panic .take your time .select well .find a market for your cull .hatch as much as you can

Class .Bravo

I keep telling you .you have a good base to work with .breed them well

chooks man

Looks like my other pullet may have laid her first egg today seeing as how there were 2 there :celebrate Since both eggs were equally dark, I'll never know who lays which but I'm still thrilled to death! They're all going in the incubator on Monday to play along with the New Years Hatch a long so well see if anything hatches :)
I’ve been told not to hatch pullet eggs as it will reduce the mass in the hatched birds.

Most of my Marans are every other day kinda gals. Occasionally some will lay two days in a row, but its definitely possible all 8 of your pullets are laying. It's hard to tell though because one pullet's egg can look so different from one day to the next. Congrats on getting so many eggs each day! I get 2-3 Marans eggs a day, sometimes less, sometimes none. lol. :lol:

it is not cold here. that's why my girls still lay. but they are slowing down and in january I will not have a lot of eggs.

Back
Top Bottom