International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Well, Sorry I have been missing in action! We had a bad wind storm. Tree fell on roof and no power for 2 days. We just got power back. Lots of damage! Looks like a war zone! My babies where 6 days and 2 weeks old. I was worried without a light they would die. It gets about 60 degrees at night. Maybe colder with the storms and cooler weather. They all survived but hope they don't get sick from getting so cold. Blessings to you my friends. I will have to do some catch up reading.

sorry to hear about your troubles .
the chicks will be fine .

chooks man

Well, Sorry I have been missing in action! We had a bad wind storm. Tree fell on roof and no power for 2 days. We just got power back. Lots of damage! Looks like a war zone! My babies where 6 days and 2 weeks old. I was worried without a light they would die. It gets about 60 degrees at night. Maybe colder with the storms and cooler weather. They all survived but hope they don't get sick from getting so cold. Blessings to you my friends. I will have to do some catch up reading.
Sorry to hear about your storm troubles. We watched the same storm but it stayed East of our place. Wind only made about 30 to 35 MPH We had an all day rain on Sunday and that is great for my side of the mountains. Hope all your baby chics grow up to be healthy hens. I have 30 eggs in INC today. TOM

Sorry to hear about your storm troubles. We watched the same storm but it stayed East of our place. Wind only made about 30 to 35 MPH We had an all day rain on Sunday and that is great for my side of the mountains. Hope all your baby chics grow up to be healthy hens. I have 30 eggs in INC today. TOM
We actually don't know the miles per hour. I do know in all the years we have lived here. This was the hardest wind I have ever seen. I think we where in the path of destruction.

good luck with your incubation .
some photos of your flock eggs please if possible .
love to see photos of your chooks ,

chooks man

Thank you! I hope you have a good hatch!

So I had this hen in the broody breaker and thought maybe she might go well with Dark Angel. She has been free ranged up until now. Unfortunately she is skittish and hard to photograph. Here are a few pics of her. Thoughs? My biggest gripes with her are her comb and her narrow hind end. I threw her in with DA but can turn her out if she isn't up to par. I am still watching her and trying to make up my mind.

20200602_105718.jpg
20200602_105902.jpg
20200602_105822.jpg
20200602_105939.jpg

So I had this hen in the broody breaker and thought maybe she might go well with Dark Angel. She has been free ranged up until now. Unfortunately she is skittish and hard to photograph. Here are a few pics of her. Thoughs? My biggest gripes with her are her comb and her narrow hind end. I threw her in with DA but can turn her out if she isn't up to par. I am still watching her and trying to make up my mind.

View attachment 2173427View attachment 2173429View attachment 2173430View attachment 2173432

she look alright .lovely rich copper . her comb just need refinement , it is standing comb is a plus . it is small comb , is plus .

what her eggs look like ?
chooks man

Back
Top Bottom